Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrellycanadian

Black and White Pots

squirrellycanadian
15 years ago

I haven't posted in ages! Summer is such a busy time for me, hate to say it but I almost look forward to rain so I can play!

I did manage to do a couple flower pots, had a black and white theme in my head, had to get it out!

Comments (19)

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

Oh, I love these! They are absolutely gorgeous! Black and white is so trendy, yet timeless; you did an awesome job on these. Great cutting, those flowers look perfect!

I don't think I've ever seen black and white patterned dishes before (I assume those are broken plates you used on the pot on the left?) Where did you find them?

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Oh Squirrelly!!!! Gorgeous as Usual!!!! Sheesh, that's all I ever get to say about all your drop dead gorgeous masterpcs!!!! These certainly are no exception!

• scootsmom
    15 years ago

These are incredible! I am partial to black and white and these are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Allyson

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Those are so beautiful!! I love the black and white!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Stunning and so classy.
    I will be glad when the rains come just to see some more of your great stuff!

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

Love them both but I especially love the one on the right! Wowser!!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

WOW! WOW! and WOW again! Those are STUNNING!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wowee! Those are GREAT! Don't they just show themselves off beautifully?! I love how they are so different that they set each OTHER off too!

On your large flower pot, did you cut or nip any of those pieces other than the overall black yourself or are they ones you can buy? I especially love the flower petals, but how about the squared off pieces too?

I just bought myself some back and white plates last week and now I have an idea what I can do with them, I'll really have fun dreaming about a new project like this! WONDERFUL!!!!!! I bet we see a slew of black and whites coming up. Thanks for the inspiration!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

A classic piece of work.

• squirrellycanadian
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! I found the dishes at Homesense, I think in the U.S it's the same as TJ Maxx. They always have the most beautiful china, and reasonably priced too. Found them on clearance for 2.00 for the large and 1.00 for the small, got about 7 plates total.
    Daisyme...everything was hand cut, I used the morton system for the squares.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what the morton system is? I'd sure love to know.

• squirrellycanadian
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's hard to explain, but if you check any stained glass supplier they should have it on their website. I'd post a link to it but I'm not sure how. After I had purchased it I found out there is something better called Beetle Bits, I've heard it's much easier. Morton system is really hard to understand, I can cut squares with it but haven't tried cutting diamonds or other shapes, now I want the Beetle Bits! all these tools are so expensive!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

love the black and white, nice work also.

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

Yes, these black and white pieces are stunning! and very classic. I could just see them sitting on a front porch of a big old Victorian porch! I was just at our second hand store last week and they had a huge area of everything black and white-Going back today during my lunch hour and see if I can pick up some pieces. Love this look. Thank you for sharing and giving us new ideas and inspiration!

Becky

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOZZER is right!! Beautiful, and very very classy. I love these. How come I can never find these cheap plates?? We never even have good prices at our TS.

Sheesh.. well thanks for the inspiration. Some day...

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF!!! This picture hits my eyes like a bomb. Those are the prettiest black/white things I've EVER seen. How in the hay didja cut those perfect white petals? I have the Morton System, and love it. Your work is so danged professional. SQUIRELLY: These are simply beyond beautiful.

• squirrellycanadian
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, it means a lot! Slow...those white petals aren't really perfect they just look that way against the black. I find it a really easy shape to cut so I tend to go with flowers on a lot of the stuff I do.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Tell me..I looked at Beetle Bits and it looks wonderful. Does anyone know if it will cut other than glass?

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, I love flowers too, SQUIRRELLY. Every time I start a project, the first thing I think of is flowers. Believe me - those leaves look pretty perfect to me. However, y'all know I don't DO perfect, and I like a little imperfection.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!