Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black and White Pots

Posted by squirrellycanadian (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 08 at 10:13

I haven't posted in ages! Summer is such a busy time for me, hate to say it but I almost look forward to rain so I can play!
I did manage to do a couple flower pots, had a black and white theme in my head, had to get it out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black and White Pots

Oh, I love these! They are absolutely gorgeous! Black and white is so trendy, yet timeless; you did an awesome job on these. Great cutting, those flowers look perfect!

I don't think I've ever seen black and white patterned dishes before (I assume those are broken plates you used on the pot on the left?) Where did you find them?

o

Oh Squirrelly!!!! Gorgeous as Usual!!!! Sheesh, that's all I ever get to say about all your drop dead gorgeous masterpcs!!!! These certainly are no exception!

o

These are incredible! I am partial to black and white and these are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Allyson

o

Those are so beautiful!! I love the black and white!!

o

Stunning and so classy.
I will be glad when the rains come just to see some more of your great stuff!

o

Love them both but I especially love the one on the right! Wowser!!!!

o

WOW! WOW! and WOW again! Those are STUNNING!!!

o

Wowee! Those are GREAT! Don't they just show themselves off beautifully?! I love how they are so different that they set each OTHER off too!

On your large flower pot, did you cut or nip any of those pieces other than the overall black yourself or are they ones you can buy? I especially love the flower petals, but how about the squared off pieces too?

I just bought myself some back and white plates last week and now I have an idea what I can do with them, I'll really have fun dreaming about a new project like this! WONDERFUL!!!!!! I bet we see a slew of black and whites coming up. Thanks for the inspiration!

o

A classic piece of work.

o

Thanks everyone! I found the dishes at Homesense, I think in the U.S it's the same as TJ Maxx. They always have the most beautiful china, and reasonably priced too. Found them on clearance for 2.00 for the large and 1.00 for the small, got about 7 plates total.
Daisyme...everything was hand cut, I used the morton system for the squares.

o

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what the morton system is? I'd sure love to know.

o

It's hard to explain, but if you check any stained glass supplier they should have it on their website. I'd post a link to it but I'm not sure how. After I had purchased it I found out there is something better called Beetle Bits, I've heard it's much easier. Morton system is really hard to understand, I can cut squares with it but haven't tried cutting diamonds or other shapes, now I want the Beetle Bits! all these tools are so expensive!

o
Black and White Pots

love the black and white, nice work also.

o

Yes, these black and white pieces are stunning! and very classic. I could just see them sitting on a front porch of a big old Victorian porch! I was just at our second hand store last week and they had a huge area of everything black and white-Going back today during my lunch hour and see if I can pick up some pieces. Love this look. Thank you for sharing and giving us new ideas and inspiration!

Becky

o

WOZZER is right!! Beautiful, and very very classy. I love these. How come I can never find these cheap plates?? We never even have good prices at our TS.

Sheesh.. well thanks for the inspiration. Some day...

o

OHGOODGRIEF!!! This picture hits my eyes like a bomb. Those are the prettiest black/white things I've EVER seen. How in the hay didja cut those perfect white petals? I have the Morton System, and love it. Your work is so danged professional. SQUIRELLY: These are simply beyond beautiful.

o

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, it means a lot! Slow...those white petals aren't really perfect they just look that way against the black. I find it a really easy shape to cut so I tend to go with flowers on a lot of the stuff I do.

o

Tell me..I looked at Beetle Bits and it looks wonderful. Does anyone know if it will cut other than glass?

o

Oh, I love flowers too, SQUIRRELLY. Every time I start a project, the first thing I think of is flowers. Believe me - those leaves look pretty perfect to me. However, y'all know I don't DO perfect, and I like a little imperfection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here