Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monday morning inspiration for you

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 9:57

in the lobby at the Benini Sculpture Ranch near Johnson City, Texas . . . gorgeous dichroic glass. See the first picture on my blog. Click on the picture to enlarge.

Here is a link that might be useful: LaPaso kinetic sculpture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monday morning inspiration for you

WOW! It sure takes garden art to a whole new level! I'd love to make steel frames for garden art!

o

Calam, check out the link below to the Benini Sculpture Ranch; we went there yesterday. The garden art is kinetic, which I think means that it is so perfectly balanced that it moves constantly, even when there isn't any wind. There were many many examples of it outdoors all over the property and it was just beautiful, moving and twisting in the breeze. A wonderful place to visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benini Sculpture Ranch web site

o

Wow, thanks for showing this and the link. It's right up the road from me and I had heard about it, but had no idea it was that wonderful.

Wasn't it a bit hot out there yesterday?

o

One of the great things about this place is that the gallery itself is air conditioned, and the rest of the place is viewed while inside your car! Miles of road loops around and the sculptures are installed on both sides of the road. There's little or no traffic and you can just stop in the road, roll down your window, and take pictures. It's a great road trip for August in Texas!

o

I do not live very far from there ether will have to go there some day .Is there a admission ? keep wanting to come see you some day Silvamae I can only hope.

o

Nanatricia, I hope you do come visit me some day. Just let me know . . . I want you to see my stairs.

There is no admission to the Benini. It is totally free. Please go; you will be so glad you did!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here