Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

Get Well Wishes to Slow

becky_ia
15 years ago

Dearest Slow,

So sorry to hear you broke your foot! How in the world did you do that? Sure hope you are resting and getting well.

Thought it would be nice to start a thread so everyone can send their best thoughts your way so you can heal and get back to creating!

I suppose you are already planning how to mosaic the cast!

Becky

Comments (29)

• silvamae
    15 years ago

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, Slow. Maybe you could decoupage your cast to keep in the mosaic frame of mind.

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

hoping you have a speedy recovery. i was thinking the same thing-she probably already has a plan for mosaicing her cast:-)
    bonnie

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

So sorry to hear you broke your foot! I hope you aren't in much pain. I can only imagine what you will do with the cast!LOl! You are an amazing person...I send you my best.

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your broken foot! I'm SURE it won't SLOWYOUDOWN for long! Sending positive, healing thoughts your way.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Sometimes fate has a way of MAKING you take it easy and resting for a bit...sometimes it has to break a foot!
    I am sorry about your break. Wishing you happy, healing thoughts! Take care, dear lady!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Oh Dear Slow, I am sure you will tell us to post on conversation side, but 4 you, I think everyone can relax the rules a bit. You have been and are such an inspiration to me and many others, I agree with Cindi, and others, your foot must have been the ONLY way to SLOW YOU DOWN!! ROFL..

My dogs are always trying to trip me and we joke that they just want me to stay with around the clock.
    Take care, think about what you will get up to , when you can move around.

Are you on crutches or stuck in bed?? Whatever , we are wishing you well and hoping you will soon be creating masterpieces as usual

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Slow mt thoughts are with you. Sorry to hear you broke your foot. Do you think we should have a contest? The most unique idea for decorating your cast? Hmm what do ya think? TeeHee

Kathy

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Hope you feel better soon!!

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Slow I am so sorry You broke your foot and in the summer been there only crush my ankel .Not fun .Here is to a speedy recovery.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Slow me down...Cindy has been suggesting that I fly down there and help you with your mosaicing!!!! I mean...help you out! I was so mad at myself last august when I broke my ankle!!! I had SO MANY projects lined up and now it's ayr later and I STILL haven't got them all done...not even close...life happens!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS OMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! Today is the first day I've had a chance to check the forum. You ladies are collectively a real piece of work! This is absolutely the most wonderful thing that I've experienced recently. I was trying to reach something on a top shelf, too tired to go get a stepstool so stepped on another shelf. It broke along w/two bones in my left foot (can still drive) - first two toes. It wasn't serious enough to cast. Ace bandage and the most ugly of uglies in a post-op shoe. I am using crutches - a pair I had in the garage TBM. A friend came and fetched them for me. Pain is subsiding, and my DD is helping me w/all I can't do for myself. Finally learned how to hold a cup of coffee in left hand, the crutch under my left arm and use the right one for support and walk - a newly-learned skill on my resume. While waiting for service men to unclog a drain yesterday, I was sitting in the l.r. and got inspired w/a design on something, and am itching to get started on it. I think it'll be a short few days until I can work again. I don't know how to respond to y'all except to say from the bottom of my heart, my sincere and heartfelt thanks for your thoughtfulness. Bless you all.

• klinger
    15 years ago

Slow, I was so sorry to hear about your accident.I am glad to hear it wasn't more serious. I still think Janie should be an angel of mercy and go help you get better. lol.Just try and take it easy and keep that foot elevated as much as possible. I'm hoping you'll have a speedy recovery,
    cindy

• katkerri
    15 years ago

bless your heart, slow !
    ~ be well soon ~
    best wishes
    k

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Slow, you've been on my mind all week. I'm glad to hear that you feel you'll be up working on something you love soon. Take care!

• scootsmom
    15 years ago

Oh Slow, I am so sorry about your accident! I hope you are back on your feet(both of them) soon. Please take care of yourself. I can't wait to see what projects arise from your downtime.

Allyson

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

So sorry to hear about your poor foot! Isn't it funny, as soon as you can't do the things you want, you get all these ideas of things you want to do RIGHT NOW! Relax, take it easy and get better!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Sounds like your on the mend already!
    Take care of that and try not to do more than you should.
    My son had surgery in April on a broken ankle complete with pins and plates and he did not take care, it bothers him still and there's not a thing anyone can do about it!
    LOL, I can only imagine walking with a coffee cup and and a crutch, you are truly hard to slow down!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Goodness gracious Slow so sorry about your're fall,guess we're running along the same way..I have been in Vegas for 2 weeks helping my dd with her house,I fell the last day,but didn't break anything just got a black eye and ankle,fell out of the tub I was standing in helping her hang cornice boards,I'm just plain clumsy these day's. Glad you don't have to have a cast on tho...take care and God bless you,thinking about you!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Thanks again, y'all. Good grief, CRACK! Lordy, that could have been much worse. You better bees careful. I've thanked God daily that it wasn't worse, and that it wasn't my right foot - I can still drive.

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

I didn't see this until now...I hope you are feeling better real soon! I hate to see one of our own under the weather, but I bet you'll be back on your feet in no time.

• bamasusanna
    15 years ago

Dang Slow. I guess this will slow down the activity at the Electric Cowboy, eh?
    Hope you get mended soon!

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Wishing you well. I hope you feel better soon.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, how nice to see you back, BAMA!!!!!!!!!!! Have missed you sumpin' awful. Got your studio set up yet??? Yeah, Dallas DD and friend are in town this weekend, and we had planned to scoot our boots last night and tonight. They went w/o me. Dang it!!! One week down and five to go b/f I can get rid of the Big Foot shoe and put on the boots. Y'all are all so very kind. Heartfelt thanks.

• sereneseen
    15 years ago

Slow, sorry to hear about your foot and I'm extremely glad that you are on the mend! I hope the next five weeks pass by quickly so you can scoot your boots! Your an inspiration to us all!

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

I just saw this, so sorry you are hurt, Slow, I'm sure you will use your recovery time productively! (as long as you can reach a table). Follow your orders and get well soon.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Thanks y'all. I'm slinking into lurkdom until I can contribute again. May be awhile as I'm sorta down in spirits lately. Managing to do a switchplate every day or two. Withdrawals are getting to me. Go on creating beautiful stuff. I'll watch on the sidelines until I can "get up" again.

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

Slow: I know this is rather late (daughter was in the hospital all last week), but I am so sorry you injured your foot; I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad that you're resting and not over-doing it; that's the best way to a quick recovery.

Judy

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I am sad to hear you speak of being 'down in spirits'. You are creating and that's good...can we see those fantastic new switchplates, please! I know it's futile to tell you to cheer up....sometimes we all need some down time and dark time, if only to really appreciate that silver lining when it comes shining through! We're all here for you, you know that, right? Take care.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

I really hope we can uplift you!
    I know you helped uplift me when I needed it.
    I really miss your project posts.....please show us what you got going on!!!! Miss you here

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor