Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kweenofkings

kitchen cabinet doors

kweenofkings
16 years ago

Hi all, haven't posted in a while. We bought a new old house we have been renovating. In the kitchen there was an old cabinet with glass in the doors, thought you might like to see what I did with it.

Comments (24)

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Well if that isn't the most beautiful pattern, colors combos and downright fabulous mosaicing I've seen in a LONG time. I LOVE these. Absolutely STUNNING, and oh, so professional. Love the way you did the border. Is that the vitreous glass tiles turned so the back shows? Great idea. This pattern is just WONDERFUL. Is it your design? Hope you don't mind my copying the concept on two old glass doors I have, if I EVER get to them. I LOVE this!

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

VERY nice.

I just received two French doors and was cogitating about a design. Seems like I might have found something to build on!

• zone_envy
    16 years ago

Wow, that is fabulous! Absolutely stunning, love that pattern.

Cindy

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL , colors and design are so pretty.Great job!

• klinger
    16 years ago

Great job, It looks stunning. The patterns and color were a great choice.
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Those are sooo beautiful!!! LOVE IT!!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Very Beautiful!!

Maria

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Love your colors and design. Great job!

Barb

• tigerwiggy
    16 years ago

Absolutely love EVERYTHING about them.

• kweenofkings
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's wonderful to get positive feedback. I did use some tiles upside down to add more detail. Here are some better close up pictures.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

You are a genious!!! I was wondering what kind of tiles those were!!! Thanks for the close-up! Again, Excellent job!!!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

that is a great design.

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Those look great! And my favorite colors, too.

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Omg kween that is just too cool....love the colors and the design....it will be a favorite in your kitchen for years to come!!!!

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

KWEEN: There is something very cathedral-like about your cabinet doors. VERY NICE!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Really, really beautiful. Wonderful design. What inspired you, or did you just "wing it"?

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh yes! Do tell!!!

• kweenofkings
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No, I didn't plan it out. I picked out the colors i wanted to use and just started glueing. If I couldn't decide what to do next, I would just stop for awhile and wait until inspiration hit me again. Thank you for all the nice comments.

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

This is a beautiful project. Love the idea of turning the tiles around,upside down. Love the colors you used.

Chris

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

How many cabinet doors did you do like this?

• kweenofkings
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was just the 2. It's a corner cabinet and the top doors had glass in them. One of them had a crack so either the glass had to be replaced or the whole thing ripped out. I kind of like the antiquey look of the cabinet and just glued glass on top of the crack and you can't even tell where it was.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Way to go! I keep coming back and looking at this as it's so inspirational! Jane

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Wow! beautiful and yep - very inspiring... thankyou for posting your wonderful doors!

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

Love the cabinet doors. The pattern is very creative. I loved how you used the tiles to get different looks.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz