Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stjohnsgypsy

Our Lady of Guadeloupe

stjohnsgypsy
15 years ago

After a few weeks of procrastinating with this...I finally finished it..........

Comments (14)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Zippity do-dah! Another GYPSIE original. Look who's talking about wonderful ideas, originality and unique. I L.O.V.E. this. It has your touch. Questions - what are the silver tiles around the black jumbo glob above the star above the Lady? Where did you get the beveled mirror rectangles? I like the way you've used the two sizes of rectangular black tiles - looks like those I've seen at Lowes. The irridescent glass really shows well around the green cross top left. Well, just about everything is perfectly placed. Go, GYPSIE, go. Another gallery piece. What's next???

• stjohnsgypsy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The silver tiles are a bracelet I ripped up! Yep, got some of the tiles you recognize at Lowes' on their 1/2 price island....didn't know what I would use them for, but I was buying grout and spotted them...Got the beveled mirrors from my stained glass shop that has gone "out of business." What's next you ask....LOL.......with my MADD, I have several things started.......just need to focus!!! focus...focus!!!! Mosaic Attention-Deficit Disorder..self-diagnosed by the way...>!

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Oh WOW!! The colors, the mirrors,...It's beautiful. What a showpiece!! This is certainly something to be proud of.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

LOL can I catch MADD cause I want to do what you do!!!!! wow I LOVE THIS PIECE!!!!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

MADD, I knew there had to be a name for my condition!
    What a wonderful piece. I am totally a multimedia fan.
    Once again, I am inspired!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I just love looking at this! Beautiful, fun, awesome work!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Yet another great Gypsy piece! Will you please teach me?
    I wish I could do as you do and be as inventive and unconventional. It seems that mine always have to balance but I love yours and the asymetrical qualities of them.
    Great job. Keep up the MADD, I think we all have a little of it.

• stjohnsgypsy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well thank you all!! Come on over Flag........I'll show you how I slap and stick!!! LOL...

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Gypsy! Oh, WOW! This piece is truly wonderful. I love it all, but especially the cross and the irredescent glass. It's all so BEAUTIFUL! What an artist you are!

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

Agree with every statement! This is awesome! What is your base? It is such a stunning piece. You are inspiring! Can't wait to get back to mosaics....

Becky

• stjohnsgypsy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Daisy and Becky! The base is an old cabinet door........and I've just ran out!!! So need to go on another "hunt!"

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

It's just beautiful and so artistic!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Fabulous art piece! Love all the different things you used.
    Please teach me too! I love this.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Gyspy, you are amazing!! I love this piece, I too wanted to know what the base was, an old cabinet???

I just love how you turn all these different tessarae, into a cohesive, flowing work of art!!! It is just spectacular, we sure have some talented gals on this list. maybe we should have some kind of a class schedule and all your wonderful artist can teach us newbies/ever hopefuls, how to produce a work of art, from the heart!!

This is just beautiful..