Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadygrove_gw

repair starburst crack in window glass?

shadygrove
11 years ago

I have a one-inch starburst crack in one of my house windows, which I recently inflicted when weed-eater met gravel. Its in an outer pane of a double-paned fixed window. I know that I may very well have shattered the integrity of the seal between the panes, but I'd like to simply try any product, if one exists, to fill in the starburst a little and, ideally, keep the break from spreading.

I'm okay with less than perfect results--if I could get it to look as good as a repaired ping on a car windshield, I'd be happy.

Any of you glass experts able to recommend a product I might try? A glass epoxy?

The professional window folks I've spoken with thus far really just want to sell me a new window--which would unfortunately mean all new windows, since these were a basic model, no longer made, of twenty-five years ago. Profoundly goes against my DYI soul at this point.

The Web is full of suggested products, most of them for car windshield repair, which doesn't appear to be the same thing, and I would value an expert opinion.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio