Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandala/Suncatcher

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 29, 09 at 6:52

I love Mandalas. Can look at them all day. The patterns and colors kind of mesmorize me. Anyway, have had this picture frame for a while, so decided to try my hand at one. It is done all in pony beads. The frame is debatable???? Not sure if the color works. What do ya think???Mandala/SuncatcherMandala/Suncatcher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandala/Suncatcher

i love this,, have always wanted to do a mandala,,,i am partial to black frames tho and think that would probably make your colors pop more,,,if you have some black tissue paper or fabric,, place it over the frame and see how it looks...love the picture, where do you find all the pony beads in those colors

o

The gold is nice, but I would try black.
That is beautiful.

o

Are You going to grout it? I think maybe a red frame would look good also....I vote black grout...heh heh! Me and my Black grout obsession!!!lol!

o

Calamity, I'm not going to grout. Love the way the light catches the colors. Maybe will try the black frame. Sounds right. Kraft I have gotten most of my beads from Boleks Craft Supply. They are fairly cheap and have a lot of colors. I origianlly got them for beaded banners, but then I got bit by the mosaic bug. Sometimes I haunt MAO and there was an artist who did portraits using pony beads. Very creative. Thanks for looking.

o

That is cool!!!!

o

OHMYGOSH - that is so soft and yummy. What a nice effect. I bought a whole bin of those poney beads and didn't know what to do w/them. Thanks for one more inspiration, girlie.

o

Wow, what yummy colors. I vote for black frame also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here