Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemosaics

Clay tiles

lovemosaics
15 years ago

My granddaughter and I played with sculpy tonight!

So much fun! Boy did we smoke up the house!!LOl! They may be a little too thin. But we had so much fun! So we will make her a little mirror or something with them, next time we are together. She is so proud of them! My daughter does scrap booking, so we used her stamps. I got the mica dust stuff a while ago, when you guys were starting the clay stuff, and it is the coolest stuff! we used cookie cutters, for some of them. We had a ball!!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

Wow, those are awesome! I haven't ventured into polymer clay yet and I am so envious of those that can make their own tiles.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

they're BEAUTIFUL! what a great thing to do with your gd!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well good grief, girl. Those tiles look like you have years of experience. They're absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I remember how much fun it was working w/the clay when I first began, and I never reached the level of your perfection. WONDERFUL!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Oooo, PC envy! Those are beautiful! What a fun thing to share with your gd! Looking forward to seeing the mirror you create together!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Super Cool!! I love them!! You girls did great, wow, you are pro's already!

Wow, wish my tiles could look like that, maybe in another year!! LOL.

really those are so nice and what a wonderful project to do with your GD. Can't ait to see what you use these for!!!

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Ooo! Those tiles are pretty. I love the backgound patterns with the words. bright, colorful - very, very nice.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so much. My granddaughter was so tickled when
    I read her the comments.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I cannot wait to get mine, should be this week.
    I found an alphabet stamp set on sale at Michaels, only $9!
    I need to get that mica stuff for sure!

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

I love these! they're just gorgeous, and the mirror sounds like a great project to use these on. what fun you girls must have had doing this

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Those are beautiful...I haven't tried my hand at that yet....so much to learn and do...........so little time!!!!!

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much girls! It was an experiment, and was a really fun process. We got some too thin, and the mica dust
    stuff was hit and miss! For us it was like making cookies together.

She didn't have the patients for me to find a mirror to put them on. She wanted to take them home!
    So we put magnets on them, so she could put them on the fridge. I remember reading a while back about a wax to seal them. I would need to do that next time for sure.
    What do I look for?

• texaswild
    15 years ago

I think NT uses Future floor wax. I use polyurethene.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you slowmedown!
    My granddaughter is dying to come back and make clay "cookies"
    with me...she even told her mom.." Grandma and me need to
    make cookies for mirrors, so I have to go help her!"LOL!!
    If I had know that was such a draw........she could've been playing with me everyday!LOL!

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

Those are amazing! I will have to give this a try someday. Very impressive work! What a wonderful way to spend time with your GD, children love creative, hands-on activities!