Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clay tiles

Posted by lovemosaics (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 5:36

My granddaughter and I played with sculpy tonight!
So much fun! Boy did we smoke up the house!!LOl! They may be a little too thin. But we had so much fun! So we will make her a little mirror or something with them, next time we are together. She is so proud of them! My daughter does scrap booking, so we used her stamps. I got the mica dust stuff a while ago, when you guys were starting the clay stuff, and it is the coolest stuff! we used cookie cutters, for some of them. We had a ball!!

tiles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clay tiles

Wow, those are awesome! I haven't ventured into polymer clay yet and I am so envious of those that can make their own tiles.

o

they're BEAUTIFUL! what a great thing to do with your gd!

o

Well good grief, girl. Those tiles look like you have years of experience. They're absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I remember how much fun it was working w/the clay when I first began, and I never reached the level of your perfection. WONDERFUL!

o

Oooo, PC envy! Those are beautiful! What a fun thing to share with your gd! Looking forward to seeing the mirror you create together!

o

Super Cool!! I love them!! You girls did great, wow, you are pro's already!

Wow, wish my tiles could look like that, maybe in another year!! LOL.

really those are so nice and what a wonderful project to do with your GD. Can't ait to see what you use these for!!!

o

Ooo! Those tiles are pretty. I love the backgound patterns with the words. bright, colorful - very, very nice.

o

Thank you all so much. My granddaughter was so tickled when
I read her the comments.

o

I cannot wait to get mine, should be this week.
I found an alphabet stamp set on sale at Michaels, only $9!
I need to get that mica stuff for sure!

o

I love these! they're just gorgeous, and the mirror sounds like a great project to use these on. what fun you girls must have had doing this

o

Those are beautiful...I haven't tried my hand at that yet....so much to learn and do...........so little time!!!!!

o

Thanks so much girls! It was an experiment, and was a really fun process. We got some too thin, and the mica dust
stuff was hit and miss! For us it was like making cookies together.

She didn't have the patients for me to find a mirror to put them on. She wanted to take them home!
So we put magnets on them, so she could put them on the fridge. I remember reading a while back about a wax to seal them. I would need to do that next time for sure.
What do I look for?

o

I think NT uses Future floor wax. I use polyurethene.

o

Thank you slowmedown!
My granddaughter is dying to come back and make clay "cookies"
with me...she even told her mom.." Grandma and me need to
make cookies for mirrors, so I have to go help her!"LOL!!
If I had know that was such a draw........she could've been playing with me everyday!LOL!

o

Those are amazing! I will have to give this a try someday. Very impressive work! What a wonderful way to spend time with your GD, children love creative, hands-on activities!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here