Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemosaics

Vase is finished!

lovemosaics
15 years ago

This was a tough one to grout!

I had to do it sitting down..always stand to grout. I had my son bring me 2 five gallon buckets of water before he went to bed, and his girlfriend was panicked! LOl! she was worried about what I was going to do to the dining room while she sleeping...I could see it in her face!LOl!

But It's finally done,and I wish I'd picked a better grout color, may paint it later, but it was along time coming for sure!.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love I don't know about the others but I wouldn"t change a thing about this vase. It is just right. I love it. You did a great job.

Kathy

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

wow, this is so beautiful! I agree dont change a thing, it's a beautiful piece, just stunning, Im just so in awe of this lovemosaics

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a dark grout lover, but LOVE - DON'T YOU DARE PAINT THAT GROUT!!! You chose the perfect color. That is downright dazzling. I L.O.V.E. this vase. My dear - that's a gallery piece for sure.

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Ditto...perfect choice of grout......beautiful!!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

I agree with all the others...the grout color is perfect and so is this darling vase!!!!

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

This is so beautiful, love the earth-tones, and the design is awesome! Wow! Where did you get those brownish colored rocks? They're gorgeous (I love brown/gold/greens, my living room and wardrobe is nothing but!) I like the lighter grout, too. It works for this piece.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Ditto all above. The grout is perfect, I think a darker grout would have taken away from the "natural" look and feel of this wonderful piece.
    Great job, lots of love in this one.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are all so wonderful...Thank you so much!! I was really doubting this vase as my gift. I feel so much more secure
    in giving it as the house warming gift it was intended for.
    It's so great to have you all as a place to bounce idea's off of....and project help. I really wasn't sure if it was
    something I wanted to give them as a late house warming gift, after it was finished. Thank you all so much for the support I needed to get back into mosaics! That was the least of my worries...and it became my
    reason to push on......that was you girls! I started typing in pain......and now I want to stay up all night to grout!....no one would ever understand that but you guys!

Thank you all so much for your input.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

An elegant work of art!!! Nicest housewarming gift I've ever seen. Grout is perfect, you can enjoy all the elements of the design especially the beautiful glass!! I could never do that!!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Yes, I agree with everyone else, the grout is PERFECT!! I love the design, the color choices, the stones are wonderful, as well as the tile . Wherever did you find stones like that?? And what kind of tiles did you use.

This will be a cherished housewarming gift for life. Wow, you really outdid yourself and you should be so pleased that you were able to produce such a fabulous piece after all you have been through!!! You did it, and to think you were worried you wouldn't be able to mosaic again!!!

GREAT JOB!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Hey, where's the pic of your vase? All I see is a pic of a gorgeous vase from an art gallery!
    WOw oh WOW this is absolutly fantastic!! It makes me want to attempt a vase...a small vase.
    Very, very nice job! And you are right, we totally understand the wanting to stay up all night and grout!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

How stunning! It came out wonderfully! So glad you stayed up and finished this....we were WAITING (LOL!!)! I'd have a hard time giving it away coz I'd want to keep that beauty for myself!
    Pat

• katkerri
    15 years ago

that looks great, LOVE !
    a very beautiful vase!!!

• sereneseen
    15 years ago

You vase is wonderful and a classic piece for any home. I'm sure your friend will love it. The colors (tiles, gems, and grout) and design are great.

Your strength and perserverance is an inspiration to me and I'm sure others too! Stay focused on your recovery and your passion.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

OH yes to what every one issay .They said it all .I do love it

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz