Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found an awesome Glue!

Posted by lovemosaics (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 4:46

It's called Quick Grip..got it at Walmart.
It's real thin..so I was worried at first..but it is working so great! 3D stuff is so hard...and I always used thinset. But I can't make that mess at my son's house. This glue is awesome! sets up fast, minimal taping!
Love it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found an awesome Glue!

Mornin Love. Quick Grip huh. You using it for indoor project or out door? Did you find it in crafts or hardware? I work at Walmart and haven't seen this one. I can hear the excitement in your post. Glad you are back to the creating again.

Kathy

o

It was in crafts!.....oh if I worked at Wamart......
I would be broke as hell!LOL!! I'd have everything I could find all day on hold for me!LOl!

It says water and weather proof.... I love it! I think it's new..never saw it before.

o

Oh that sounds great, since I had my thinset disaster this weekend I am always on the lookout for another one. tried dap kwick seal adhesive on my yellow brick road flower pot and as I was grouting, I lost quite a few tiles, not sure it it was the new adhesive or operator error but it did cause a lot of naughty words. LOl

Does this stuff smell?? Sounds great, water and weatherproof. Hmm please let us know how good it works as you grout.

o

Loves,

I just found Quick Grip at Crafts Etc online too. they had it 4.27 for 2oz. not sure of how that is comparable to Walmart. sounds really really good, now just wondering if it has a smell

o
RE: I found an awesome Glue! also at joann's

just found it on sale at joann's online for $3.19, think will order a tube there that's it for me

keep posting loves, we are so glad you are back and making art

o

I does have an odor..kind of like rubber cement, but not quite that strong.

o

I have been using Quick Grip for years now. I love it. I could only find it at a local Hobby Shop. Now if Walmart and Joanne's is carrying it, it must be getting wider distribution. I have used it on indoor and outdoor projects without any problem. I couldn't do a 3-D project without it. I am very sensitive to smells and it doesn't bother me. My kids think it smells like finger nail polish.

o

This sounds like it is worth a try!
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here