Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coffee Pot

Posted by cindiloo (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 4:45

I have to say that doing 3d pieces are not my favorite! I did learn to always have a tube of super glue handy when grouting. And after grouting, I dropped it, dented it, stuff fell off!I cussed, the dogs covered their ears and called the ASPCA on me! I managed to fix it with a lot of thinset and more grout. The grout is called 'tobacco brown' but it looks more chocolate to me. I was going to use it on my moonlight bambi picture (if I ever get it done), but I think I want darker brown for that.....blah da dee blah blah blah......Sorry. Here it is:

I think the lid pic shows off how pretty the brown glass tiles are.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coffee Pot

Well cindi after all of that i give you a round of applause. Simply said, I love it.

Kathy

o

WOW!!! Fabulous!!!! LOVE IT!!!

o

That is adorable. I love the colors, kinda 50's.
Great job.

o

It's adorable and I love the colors too. I'm glad it was reparable. Hope also that you're out of the doghouse by now.
Did you cut your tiles yourself? How? I bought a saw to try to do that, but I'm not getting the results I want for small squares like yours. Nice job! I always love your pieces.

o

Thank you all! I feel better about it this morning.
Gail, all the tiles are 3/4" that I had bought that way. I cut some in half and the green ones into small triangles. I use the leponitts wheeled nippers. I don't get very many even cuts, especially with the viterous tiles, but I am getting better. I think it's just a matter of practice, practice, practice. I recommend the Beetle Bits for cutting stained glass in to nice even squares, traingles, diamonds, etc. I got mine at delphi glass. The Leps and the BB system are spendy, but both well worth it, IMHO. Oh, and don't forget to use "gardenweb" for a coupon code at Maryland Mosaics for a 10% discount.

o

This is so darling and I agree it looks kinda 50's-ish! I'm so glad you were able to salvage it and I like how you used the Scrabble tiles on it too.

o

Oh I really love this. The colors are beautiful.

o

I like that very much I think it is neatlookin .Great job!

o

Cindi,

I feel your pain but you should be pleased that it ended well!! I love this pot, it is so cool and perfect!!

It looks really neat on the stove, hope you plan on keeping it there, though you might find out guest are trying to use if for their coffee! I can see it now!!

You had me laughing about the doggies calling the aspca on you!! We always say ours are calling their congress puppy to complain. LOL

Great job on grouting the 3d nightmare. Love that tobacco grout color, it looks PEFECT with your green and brown tess!!

o

L.O.L. on your experience and the dogs. I LOVE your coffeepot, and I LOVE it on the stove. I'm a big fan of the Englebriet blk/wht patterns. This is a beautiful pot. Never used brown grout - sure worked here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here