Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

Tissue Box-Wip

cathyscache
14 years ago

I started a tissue box this morning for the bathrom. Finished gluing and will grout tomorrow. Amazing what I can get done when there are no kids and no hubby All day!!! Was a beautiful sunny day. I worked on my deck and enjoyed the sun, my flowers and some great wine!!! Was a wonderful day!!! Later

Here is a link that might be useful: Tissue Box-WIP

Comments (15)

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

Cathy....great job, the stones bring the outside in. It is amazing how much we can do w/o interruptions. lol. It is funny because I moved inside yesterday because it was so hot I couldn't breathe and you moved outside because it was beautiful. Flowers, wine, breezes, time on your own. Brings out the creative juices.

• charmo
    14 years ago

I love it Cathy! I've been on the lookout for one of those boxes to mosaic it as well. Very nice.

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

very nice tissue box,,,i like the naturalness (is that a word) of it... i usually paint them...you can find them at michaels for 3.99. have to check them tho for cracks and to make sure bottom fits.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I got several of these a couple of years ago @ JoAnn Fabrics on sale I think 60 or 70% off. If think remember right I paid less than 2.00 for them. They have been buried in the shed in a box for ever. They were finally found the other day so I thought I'd put one to use. Maybe the others will be Christmas gifts. They have no bottom Kraft they just slip over the box. I really need to get in that shed and see what all is there!!! I know there are a lot more goodies!!!! Maybe I'll do that this week..or maybe not if it stays nice..really enjoyed yesterday...very quiet...but their all back today so I guess that was my 1 repreve... LOL

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

A lovely project and a day to yourself doing what you like best...HEAVEN!!! Here is a pc of heaven I recieved a while ago from Slowmedown! The glass globs have sayings in them, peace,love.joy...Hubby and I LOVE and Cherish these pcs!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW their beautiful!!!!! !!

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

those really are beautiful. i havent been able to find any without a bottom to them. my joann's doesnt carry them. only place i have ever found them are michaels and most times they are not made very well and have the slide in/out bottom part. they do make wonderful gifts for something that starts out so inexpensive. once you add your creative touch that changes everything. you did a wonderful job...and so did slow.. i will have to mosaic one. wonder why i never attempted before,,hmmmmm

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

KRAFT: Is it necessary to have a bottom?? The ones I have don't and never did...U just sit them down over the box....works great, just tissue...I've had several things that have sit in the shed for years start to come apart..I just get out the wood glue and wa la....we're back in business....That's how I find a lot of my items (not in good shape) and re-do, re-glue and recycle and end up with a great item...I love re-doing wood items...It's the easiest to fix....People just don't want to take the little bit of time it takes to re-glue and fix them!!!! But I love a bargain and if a little glue makes it good well I'll buy it everytime...I'm a sucker for a bargain,Later

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Nice tissue box Cathy...love those agates!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

The agates win again - very pretty, CATH. Re the bottom, I found that the sliding bottom swells w/the mosaicing and was too tight a fit, so I didn't use it. Had forgotten about that exchange gift, CALAM.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I grouted yesterday....just need to clean a little more and seal....Slow I have to be honest I've never seen one with a bottm....and I can see where the bottom might make it tight.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Tissue box grouted

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sealed and ready to go in the bathroom.....Hubby's leaving Mon. morning, back to the North Slope to work. He's been home since Jan. so it's a good thing!!!I may start on the bathroom backsplash. Maybe...Still can't seem to get what I want to do. You'd think after a year the idea would have taken shape but just don't have it yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

LOVELY!! Gosh I love all those stones!!!! Good Job!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Very pretty - wish I had a source for those colored stones. You must be mining them.

• klinger
    14 years ago

It's lovely, you really have a gift for using all those gorgeous agates you find, they look so nice on all your projects,
    Cindy

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert