Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

Mother Lode of Tess

cathyscache
14 years ago

While in town today I stopped by a tile store that I have been meaning to do for months but just never had. Well I sure wish I had ages ago!! The lady was so nice. I told her what I did and she gave me a whole trunk load of tiles!!! NICE tiles!!! And she told me to come back anytime and get the Granite leftovers (from installs) from what she calls the bone yard. I would have got more today but my neck prevented me from lifting. So Mon. I will go back w/ my son (muscles) and get more! I am so excited! I got lots of stone and glass and every color imaginable!!! WOW I fell like I struck gold!!! Some is on sample borads (but I will remove it and cut w/my new saw) Some large some small, just a little of everything. It's still in my car so I will post pics in the morning when it's light. I am literally like a kid @ Christmas!!! I offered to pay her but she said no it was all just going to the dump anyway. I assured her she'll never have to make a dump run again!!!! I have already decided I'm going to make her a special "thank you" "Welcome sign" which I'm going to start on tomorrow.........Just wanted to share w/all....later

Comments (7)

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

Cathy.......of course everyone will wish they were you, but I think the lesson is about asking. I think about going into tile places all the time, but I don't. Maybe I am afraid of the "no".....you have inspired me. I am just so thrilled for you. What a coupe! (lol..hope that's a win and not a car...can't spell worth a darn) K

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Wow thats great Cathy! I will have to try asking myself. What a good idea.....

Donna in Florida

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

I did that for my tess exchange box because I didn't have any tile, only glass and china. The first place I stopped at the lady was so nice and gave me some great stuff. At the second place, the man went to the garbage and fished out some sample boards they just threw out. At both places I left my business card and told them I would be checking back. Now, I just need to find a tile installation person and see if they will let me know when they are finishing up a job so I can come by and pick through the leftovers!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Doncha just love it when this happens?
    A couple years ago they were retiling a carwash down the street with some really nice tiles.
    I asked, they said leave us some buckets, and I got blessed!
    You can get crash glass like that too from glass places, they just throw mistakes away.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's pics of my Great Score!!!! I am so thrilled w/such a cool find. Starting on my sign for the nice lady and one for my sis today!!! Will definetly use some of them on both!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tess Score!!!!

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Wow! I knew I should be asking but I haven't gotten up the nerve to do that yet. Now I will for sure!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I asked a local(the best newest blingy tiles)tile store about they're leftovers and showed them some of my work and they said they'd save some for me if I made them something!!! I made them a frog and scored a TON of tiles!!!heh heh! LOVE the Mother Load!!!! Everybody should run out to their local tile store ASAP before somebody else beats you to it(Klinger and I gotta share!lol) and you will be suprised to find out how thrilled they will be to see this stuff used instead of being thrown away!!! EVERYBODIES HAPPY!!!