Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally a WIP to share!!

Posted by lovemosaics (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 2:01

I was finally able to get my son to take me home for some things. I picked up my vase that is in progress and a few jars of glass and things to keep me busy! So excited!
Anyway this is a pic of the vase I started before my accident, as a house warming gift, for my dear friends that bought a Ranch.

Photobucket

I will probably be up all night trying to finish this!
So excited to be doing something again, and being able to finally share something with all of you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally a WIP to share!!

WOW! This is really, really beautiful! I hope you did stay up all night and finish it so I can see it in the morning!

o

oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I want to see a much bigger pic though so I can see all the gorgeous detail! LOVE THIS! (this would look perfect in my lounge room by the way :D )

o

Love WELCOME back. Sure is a pretty vase. I am so glad that you're at a point in healing that you are concerned with finishing this. I'm sure you friend will cherish this beautful more than anything. And then on to more and bigger things. Nothing can stop you now. Heal onward.

Kathy

o

Oh Love that is beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the colors.

o

Your friends will LOVE this piece! I love how you've incorporated all the different "Textures" in it, and the colors are perfect for a ranch! I'm so glad you're able to mosaic again! Here's to your recovery!

o

GOOD GRIEF!! Girlie, that's the prettiest vase I've seen in a LONG time. Girl, you're G.O.O.D. So glad you're back in business. Boy, this is BEAUTIFUL.

o
Finally a WIP to share!!

awesome, love the colors, glad that you are feeling up to it.
bonnie

o

Wonderful that you are up and going at it again.
I really admire you for this.
That vase is gorgeous. The natural colors and textures are great.
This may sound morbid, but I have a large bisq urn that I have had for years. It is for the ashes of my beloved rottie Dixie. She is 8 years old, having hip trouble and I have decided NOT to put her thru the painful surgeries.
It won't happen tomorrow, but when it does, I want a beautiful tribute to her and the natural medium is perfect.
Thanks so much for the inspiration. I have some rocks and asst. things we collected on our trip to New Mexico when she was just 6mos old. They will be perfect.

o

Good Golly that is gorgeous! Love the pattern and texture.

o

stunning vase! just gorgeous, lovemosiacs.

o

LOVES, see we told you when you were typing with just one finger, that soon you would be mosaicing, and what do you do?? You mosaic a simply gorgeous vase for a friend with precision, textures and perfection!! How wonderful!! Your friend is one lucky person and I know will think of you everytime they look at that lamp!! Great job!!!! You're back!!!!!

o

How lovely, and made even more so since we know how challenging life has been for you these past few months. I am so-o-o-o-o thrilled that you are up and excited about mosaicing again!! Don't forget to post your finished project!

Pat

o

Beautiful, love the design and the colors.

o

Thank you all so much for all the sweet feedback.
I had hoped to have it finished by now, but my granddaughter is staying here with me for few days.
She just loves to help me and wait on me, and I enjoy her
so much. So I will get back at it when she leaves, and post
a picture. Maybe we will play with some clay this weekend!

o

I need to take my pain meds and go to bed, but had to say..
we played with clay tonight, she is night owl like me, way too much fun! I will post some pics of our tiles.

o

Photobucket is down for the night!
I'll post them tomorrow...what a bummer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here