Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemosaics

Finally a WIP to share!!

lovemosaics
15 years ago

I was finally able to get my son to take me home for some things. I picked up my vase that is in progress and a few jars of glass and things to keep me busy! So excited!

Anyway this is a pic of the vase I started before my accident, as a house warming gift, for my dear friends that bought a Ranch.

{{!gwi}}

I will probably be up all night trying to finish this!

So excited to be doing something again, and being able to finally share something with all of you.

Comments (16)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

WOW! This is really, really beautiful! I hope you did stay up all night and finish it so I can see it in the morning!

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I want to see a much bigger pic though so I can see all the gorgeous detail! LOVE THIS! (this would look perfect in my lounge room by the way :D )

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love WELCOME back. Sure is a pretty vase. I am so glad that you're at a point in healing that you are concerned with finishing this. I'm sure you friend will cherish this beautful more than anything. And then on to more and bigger things. Nothing can stop you now. Heal onward.

Kathy

• scootsmom
    15 years ago

Oh Love that is beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the colors.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Your friends will LOVE this piece! I love how you've incorporated all the different "Textures" in it, and the colors are perfect for a ranch! I'm so glad you're able to mosaic again! Here's to your recovery!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

GOOD GRIEF!! Girlie, that's the prettiest vase I've seen in a LONG time. Girl, you're G.O.O.D. So glad you're back in business. Boy, this is BEAUTIFUL.

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

awesome, love the colors, glad that you are feeling up to it.
    bonnie

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Wonderful that you are up and going at it again.
    I really admire you for this.
    That vase is gorgeous. The natural colors and textures are great.
    This may sound morbid, but I have a large bisq urn that I have had for years. It is for the ashes of my beloved rottie Dixie. She is 8 years old, having hip trouble and I have decided NOT to put her thru the painful surgeries.
    It won't happen tomorrow, but when it does, I want a beautiful tribute to her and the natural medium is perfect.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration. I have some rocks and asst. things we collected on our trip to New Mexico when she was just 6mos old. They will be perfect.

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

Good Golly that is gorgeous! Love the pattern and texture.

• katkerri
    15 years ago

stunning vase! just gorgeous, lovemosiacs.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

LOVES, see we told you when you were typing with just one finger, that soon you would be mosaicing, and what do you do?? You mosaic a simply gorgeous vase for a friend with precision, textures and perfection!! How wonderful!! Your friend is one lucky person and I know will think of you everytime they look at that lamp!! Great job!!!! You're back!!!!!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

How lovely, and made even more so since we know how challenging life has been for you these past few months. I am so-o-o-o-o thrilled that you are up and excited about mosaicing again!! Don't forget to post your finished project!

Pat

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Beautiful, love the design and the colors.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so much for all the sweet feedback.
    I had hoped to have it finished by now, but my granddaughter is staying here with me for few days.
    She just loves to help me and wait on me, and I enjoy her
    so much. So I will get back at it when she leaves, and post
    a picture. Maybe we will play with some clay this weekend!

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I need to take my pain meds and go to bed, but had to say..
    we played with clay tonight, she is night owl like me, way too much fun! I will post some pics of our tiles.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Photobucket is down for the night!
    I'll post them tomorrow...what a bummer!

Sponsored