Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frame/planter

Posted by katkerri (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 0:48

my best bro sent me a digital camera!!! i'm just learning how to use it so these pix are a little test:
i mosaiced an old wooden planter from my frontporch..

the small white tiles&rosey-colored tiles were salvaged from a throw-out pile behind a local tile company. i've had a mason jar full of those clear glass globlets for several years not knowing why or what to do with them.
(now i'm starting to understand why i've been saving some of these things!) :^)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frame/planter

And isn't it FUN? Thanks for posting!

o

WAY TO GO, GIRLIE. Looky at THAT. If that's your first mosaic, look out forum. We're in for some great stuff from you, girl. You did a great job on the frame, and photo TOO. That's just darlin'.

o

WOW! This is just soooo cute! I really like the color and the use of the clear globs!

o

WOW Kat, I love your first mosaic. Those flowers are fantastic, you keep those pix coming as you work your way to true mosaic addiction!! you go girl Great job and choice of colors, I really like this one.

o

oh this is too cute! this is going to be great on your front porch where everyone will see it. well done!

o

Great work!
I wish I had pics or my first pieces with tile.....
maybe not..LOL!...you put me to shame!

o

That is fantastic. You did a great job. I can't wait to see more of your work.

o

Beautiful job. Doesn't it feel great when you can recycle materials and make something that pretty?

o

thankyou kind ladies.
yall inspire me.
yes this is great fun and i'm so
pleased about recycling, too.
if i keep on mosaicing, i may
actually get my house organized
someday by using up all the xtra debris
on potential mosaic projects.
today i'm smashing plates and nipping tiles.

o

Hang on, kat....DON'T get too carried away.....we mosaicers are NOT supposed to have organized homes or have no piles of "stuff" we have collected because we "know" we'll need/use it someday!!! LOL! P-u-lease don't let my DH get that idea!

Seriously, tho..your planter is really pretty and would look wonderful nearly anywhere! That's a really great job of placement, as well as a great grout job!
Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here