Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting with a Diamond Laser Saw

Posted by flowrpowr (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 08 at 22:12

Hello forum, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a new diamond saw that I bought. I was playing around with it earlier and I was having a bit of trouble getting clean cuts. I would get to the very end of a cut and the last 1/8 to 1/4 inch would break instead of the cut going all the way through. Is this typical with a diamond saw? My saw is a DL3000-XL. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting with a Diamond Laser Saw

Maybe you are pushing too hard? Congrats on the new toy! I've got a taurus3 ring saw and LOVE it and I'm sure you will get the hang of it! I know I was pushing stuff thru too hard when I first got going...I've been using my tile saw for my fireplace project right now, and was doing the same thing again...trying to push it thru, and the blade actually stopped!!! Boy was I worried, but as soon as I let some pressure off, it was okay again...I'm just glad I haven't broken either of these saws before I get the hang of them!!!lol! Jane

o
RE: Cutting with a Diamond Laser Saw

Let the saw do the work, apply even pressure with both hands and hold the ends together as you feed your tile thru. It is like Jane says don't push too hard or too fast. The saw will tend to kick the last little bit and let it break instead of cut if you don't have a hand on both sides of your cut. I find that when I get in a hurry this happens. Most of the time on china and dishes it doesn't matter, but on tile it renders only one half useful.Keep practicing and go slower, hold tighter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here