Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

WIP and a couple finished projects

flagtruck
15 years ago

Hi Y'all - The big urn is finally finished and set in place, it should be pumping water by tomorrow. The wrought iron table and chairs are a estate sale find that I cleaned up and painted Purple. I finally got around to finishing with the gems to add some color and match the mosaic insets in the brick patio.

The cinderblocks are another set I am making and the work in progress on them and the Purple pot are progressing nicely and tomorrow is a grout day to finish a few more projects. I will post the urn pumping water tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed it all works.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP and a few finished things

Comments (12)

• daisyme
    15 years ago

The addition of the colored pieces to that wrought iron set was inspired. I love how much happiness "Pop" was added by those pieces. The succulent post and the pot with the blue are great to see. I can hardly wait to see what else you do with them. Do you already know what you're going to do with the pot? Do you always pretty much plan in advance, or let the piece develop as you go? You get so much done each week, it's amazing. Thanks for the great pictures!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

got all hung up scoping out your albums, you have got some beautiful goings on in your yard, don't know how you keep all that up and mosaic at the same time, i am truely impressed. love your urn, sure want to see it all set up, i have got to get some time off and come see all the great things ya'll got going on over there in Texas. purples and lime greens are my favorite colors and sometimes red, so i really like the purple table and chairs, the colors you added sure make it whimsical.
    bonnie

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Commented on flickr, but just wanted to say WOW!
    You have been one busy girl and it's all sooooo beautiful!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I sure do like your work on cinder blocks. Want to do some. The purple table looks so pretty esp. with globs.

Kathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Again - don't know how you accomplish so much so fast. I would NEVER have thought of trimming out the table/chairs and the space underneath as you have. Your mind never stops creating. Gonna try to come see you soon.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Carol, the fountain is FANTASTIC, and I love your wrought iron table, the trimmings really make it stand out. and speaking of stands, I looked down at the ground and saw this really cool mosaic underneath your patio table. HOW COOL is that?? Please tell how you did that?? I love your work, you are really moving along.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I'M A SLOTH, a WRETCH!!!! Now I really gotta hang up my tools...I'm NOT WORTHY!!!! I just got a glimpse of Heaven On Earth!!!! WOW!!! Oh FLAG!! You are so amazing I could scream with delight!!!!! Movin' to Texas is Very Appealing to me!!!heh heh!!!! Just Lovely EVERYTHING!!! So many ideas! And I just love the birdhouses and pedastals, and the grouping of birdbaths...LOVE IT ALL!!!!

• katkerri
    15 years ago

Wow, the great big urn looks stunning sitting there
    in the green leaves. is it actually going to become a fountain! what are those huge leaves? banana?
    Flagtruck, thankyou for painting the wrought iron furniture purple
    and color globbing it. snappy colors dancing around in a circle just makes me so happy.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to all of you. I am delighted that you like the table and chairs. The mosaic around the umbrella pole base is something I did as the bricks were laid. I left some triangle shapes and then measured them and made a cardboard template. I then cut them out of 12 x 12 floor tile and mosaiced the backside of them. I really wanted those spokes so to speak to pick up the colors on the table. I am glad it is done because it makes me happy when I see it.
    Thanks again to all of you
    Carol
    Calamity- you just better get urself on down here. We are waiting for you.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Eye poppers one and all.
    Your such a busy girl!

• maddy58
    15 years ago

OMG! I had no idea you are so talented, Carol. Your work is just brilliant and so inspiring. Makes me want to get back into my shed and get on with MOSAIC!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

More stunners for your fantastic yard,you could sell tours my lady.....dang I wish I lived close to you and Slow.What a ball we could have.You could tell me what to do with my plain Jane yard LOL!!!Love the table and chairs what glue did you use.I guess we're too humid here and with the sprinkler system nothing would stick???