Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyronnie

'Blue on Point'...2nd Riana-style project

ladyronnie
15 years ago

Shortly after I finished the strawberry birdbath, I started on this guy. Don't ask me why I wanted to do a pointer. We have never owned one, DH never hunts with dogs, it just appealed to me. I am thinking of doing him in various blue china, after concreting of course. Hence the title. You can see one of several pics I used for reference on the wall behind him. I got the sculpture done today, on to concrete! (Yeah, I need to get my craft room done, including painting the walls. Too busy USING it to finish it!)

Comments (10)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW, Lady, that is goiing to be awesome. And I love the sound of blue china, seems ot fit him perfectly.

How hard was this, it looks very difficult, what kind of wire did you use, Can't tell from pix, but what do you have it wrapped around so it doesn't collapse?? Are your hands hurting you??

I love the "point" and the tail. Looks very life like. You are very talented.

Keep us in the loop!! I can't wait to see this one. Looks like you might outdo your strawberry, and I thought that would be very difficult!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

What an amazing sculpture. Great work! It's incredible what you've been able to capture. This is one link I'll be following all the way along. Who can resist a blue dog?

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! He is awesome!!!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

He is a Handsome guy already. Are you going to use a plain blue or blue willow like china? Maybe you should make your preferences known to the blue china Gods?

I am proud of you, you are probably the only one of us who has taken her teachings to this level.

Keep us posted..Love him

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well you l'il heifer! I have been wondering what your next Riana project w/be ever since you said you were thinking of doing another. You are REALLY good w/sculpting w/that wire. I was so impressed w/you and your mom that day. You were so fast. Boy, this one w/be a fun-to-watch thread. Keep us posted. W/Blue Dog be a he or she?

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

wow this is so amazing! as a beginner (me not you! :))) this is going to be so much fun to watch unfold, youre so artistic!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Hi Ronnie,that is amazing,my gosh you are good...looks perfect,blue and white china will be perfect ...Wow I'm amazed how well you do with the wire.We're one hr out from the eye of the hurricane so look what I'm doing...LOL!!!

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am so proud...I have attained HEIFER status!!!

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to have this part done.

MERMAID: It is stucco lath, reinforced with more of itself. My hands are ok. You HAVE to wear gloves handling this stuff. The cut edges are literally razor sharp. I have a scar leftover from my strawberry project. I may find that I have to dock his tail, could be tricky mosaicing it and not getting it too thick at the same time.

FLAG: I would like to use some of both. My thought is to use solid blue where he will have "spots", and blue willow or similar where he will be "white", so he is still overall blue but with a pattern kind of like in the reference pic. Right now I have very little solid blue, and no willow type, so I do need to keep my eyes peeled!

SLOW: I think of him as a "he", but I don't know that "he" will be anatomically correct!

Stay tuned!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Whoa! That is some dog! This will be quite a lesson for us all.
    I'm so glad everyone shares.
    I, too, think the blue is going to be perfect for this guy.
    Keep us posted!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

How cool! You are so good at making the form! Will definitely be watching this one.

Pat

Sponsored