Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angs_pool

My very first mosaic!

angs_pool
13 years ago

This is so beginner but I see why you love doing them.. It's fun! Just wanted to share.

Ang

Comments (25)

• beany3u
    13 years ago

Wow, you started big! That's beautiful!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got inspired by a small building that was covered with these kinds of flowers made from broken plates.. It was fun!
    Last week I started one on my fence.. Even bigger.. Haha

I still have to grout this one.. Kinda big I know but this fence was always so bare it needed something big..
    Everyone's mosaics on here are so beautiful and clean..
    I think I'm hooked but I have a lot to learn....
    Ang

• texaswild
    13 years ago

I'm blown away. Girlie, I think you could teach mosaics already. This is absolutely mind boggling - YOUR FIRST???????? GEESH!!! LOVE both projects. Welcome to the forum!!!

• creativebutmessy
    13 years ago

These are fantastic! I absolutely love the really big one. Please keep posting photos of it as you go. Well done !!!!!

• bverste
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh, so creative and beautiful. I have to go out side now and look at my fence, I love the idea of using dishes for part of a larger mosaic

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow~Thanks for the compliments, Coming from you that means a lot.. I have now been so inspired to make more.. I love the feeling of creating things.. Tell me what you think about if I should cover the whole section of fence with the tiles or just grout it and be done?
    I'd love your suggestions..
    Ang

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Only suggestion is to be sure you use the right adhesives and substrates for outside work. Grout is not an adhesive. I KNOW how addictive mosaicing is. It grabs you for the very first piece and won't let go FOREVER!!!

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Holy Moly, you think big! Wow, that is cool! Oh you poor thing; you are well and truly hooked.

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I used exterior liquid nail adhesive for the fence, will that hold up here in Northern Ca.? I really appreciate your advice.
    Ang

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW!!! Go Big or Go Home!!!heh heh! Good Job!!!

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

Your liquid nails should hold up as an adhesive but your wood may eventually rot...but who cares? You have done a beautiful job on your first and your fence too.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

WOW Awesome job....the first was was great and the fence is breath taking. Keep posting pics!!:)

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

You have talent! and I love that you go big! keep going!

• calinromania
    13 years ago

cool
    i like the first one. what is that u used as substrate? is it safe for outdoors? maybe u live somewhere with pretty much the same mild weather.
    over here in romania we have rains, and snow and stuff. i'd like to do something for the outdoors... but not sure how to go for it!
    NICE!

• mmqchdygg
    13 years ago

I absolutely love the natural tess choices you picked for the fence; would you share where you got them? Thanks!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for looking and liking :)
    I used thin set for my first one and exterior liquid nail on my fence. For the fence I found large tiles at a garage sale that I broke in pieces and some pool tiles that were left over from when we built our pool. I found the glass pieces and the small rocks at the dollar tree.. They had a lot of colors to choose from.. I put a sealer on the first one and will on my fence too when it's done.
    Thanks again,
    I love seeing what all of you have done.. I wish I could see everyone's mosaic's on one post..

• addiesue
    13 years ago

OOHHhhhhh very nice job! I absolutely LOVE free form flowers! I hate using a pattern and when I see this kind of work I'm so inspired. You should be very proud! Very nice job! Keep it up and your back yard will be as colorful and joyful to sit in as Slow's! I haven't actually sat in her back yard but I think I could probably sit in it all day sippin' on a nice cup of tea and still not be ready to call it a day when the sun goes down! Again, great job!

Addiesue

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Addiesue, I appreciate that. I'd like to see slow's back yard. How do I find those pictures?
    Can I see some of your mosaic's too? I love getting inspired by others..

Ang

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Well I'm always happy to put my link out there (such a show off). I'm anxious to see your latest progress, ANGS. Check "My Queendom" album for the latest project fence. Don't mean to hijack your thread here - just doing as you wish.
    Slow's albums

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Slow~Your work is incredible.. I'm inspired!
    Thanks so much for sharing...
    Ang

• addiesue
    13 years ago

Yep, I like to share too...

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: My Stuff

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Addiesue~ Wow!! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing..
    You are all so talented.. I'm embarrassed to think I've posted my mess in here..
    Ang

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Are you kidding, ANGS??? My first mosaic was horrible. Yours is fabulous. Looks like you have lots of experience. Have you worked on it lately?

• bettycbowen
    13 years ago

I love them both. I really like how the colors of the pebbles o on the fence gradually change colors - very sophisticated. Congratulations on finding an art medium that you clearly connect with!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

So Ang, how about some WIP pics(Work in Progress)!!!

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource