Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

A Story about a 'Perfect' Man! LOL!!!

Calamity_J
15 years ago

Okay, so the drywaller comes to our home this morning and I get to chatting with him...it turns out he is also a bricklayer and stonemason...his first passion....well, we get chatting about other stuff he's done and it turns out he likes to make styrofoam tables and mosaic them!!! But the PERFECTNESS comes when he says..."Sometimes I am just laying in bed at night and can't sleep cuz I'm too excited about a project/idea I just thought up!!!" "Sometimes I just gotta get up and do it cuz I can't sleep anyways!" I was BEAMING/smiling at him by then! He is going to bring me pics tomorrow of some of his stuff! He loved my window for the front door too! And I showed him my Loctov book!

Comments (15)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

BAH HAAAA HA HAAAA HA! he's one of us! ROFL!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

I'm lucky if men know what mosaics are!!

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

He DOES sound perfect! I'm looking forward to seeing his pics.....styrofoam tables?.....this could be interesting!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

AND he is Scottish!!! Doesn't get much better than that!!! heh heh!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Well, he could be better...if he was single and looking for a girl just like say, I don't know....me!?
    LOL!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Noooooooooooo, CINDI - he's M.I.N.E. I sure could use a handyman like that. 'course, he'd have to sleep/eat/live in the garage, after he cleaned it out. Drag him to the forum, CALAM. He sounds interesting.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Oh My God!!! A man that loves Mosaics! Are you single?
    if you are.....he's the perfect catch! grab him up!!
    Can you imagine?? I need a man like that right now!LOL!
    I could tell him what I'm deaming up, and he could help me make it real!LOl!!

What is the Loctov book? have to know!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

LOVE: Check out Amazon . com for "Mosaic Art and Style" by Jo Ann Loctov. You can get it used. It's not a "how to" book, but it is filled w/wonderful mosaics that give you inspiration.
    check here?

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Now that is the perfect man! Can't wait to see his stuff.
    Sure sounds like a heck of a way to recycle styrofoam!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Thanks so much slowmedown!
    I just went and ordered it...need the lift.....
    Would love to see more than hospital bills come in the mail!LOL!! haven't ordered anything fun in so long!
    typing with all 4 fingers now! therapist said stop the phone calls and try just e-mail for week..eeek! LOL!
    But it's working!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

SEE - we TOLD YOU!!! You'll be mosaicing b/f long. Keep up the exercising those fingers. I hate phone calls, and all my family/friends know it, so most of my correspondence is via emails. You'll REALLY get inspired w/the book. I bought it twice - lost the first copy in the disorder, and after I bought the second one I found the first, so gifted it to a friend.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Imagine finding a drywall man who loves to make mosaics/art!! We happen to be iin need of a drywall man right now!! Send him down here to Florida
    LOL

and LOVES, that is fantastic, you WILL be mosaicing in no time all all and that book will inspire

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

He showed up today and had a camera of stuff he quickly took pics of and so it's hard to see on a little one inch screen but he invited me over to his (and his wife's) place, and so I'll take pics! I read out all the posts here and he was ROFL!!! His stuff is amazing! He builds stuff and sells them at trade shows! 10's of thousands of dollars!!! And he just makes it in his spare time at home in his basement! I may have found a new Sensai!!!heh heh!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Oh Well...you win some and lose some....I can wait to see the pics...I was going to get you to send him to Texas for me and Slow...we are both short handymen at the moment, so between the two of us we could feed him..LOL
    I would love to see some expensive styrofoam tables tho.

• meadel
    15 years ago

Can we clone him?