Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

STUDIO letters

flagtruck
14 years ago

These guys are done but not installed yet on the exterior of my studio. Just thought I'd give you a peek at mixing tess and not grouting. I give these 2 coats of polyurethane and hang them. They will be under the eave so shouldn't get too wet. My fingers are crossed.

Here is a link that might be useful: STUDIO letters

Comments (14)

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

Wow! great letters, they are all different and yet match because of the tess! really great job.

• charmo
    14 years ago

WOW, those letters look so shiny and bright. It will look superb once on your studio, you'll have to show us!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Your letters are great!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!Love them , love them..... But I have to ask why are U not grouting them? Won't grouting ensure that they last forever? Not grouting they will last how long??? I'm kinda like the Cat curosity has got me????????

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Outta sight - wonderful - beautiful - perfect - and all that stuff. Don't know how you get your tess to fit so closely together. No room for grout. CATHY: I know why she's not grouting - SHE HATES TO GROUT!!!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Flag, these letters are going to look amazing on your studio. Nice job with the colors.

Kat

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Lovely!!! As Usual! They look great as is! Grouting would take away from them I think! Sometimes things look better without grout, I did a butterfly with millifiore and left as is.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• fldirt
    14 years ago

Way cool. Those are going to look great once installed. Pictures please once they are up. Thanks. I love looking at all you guys do.

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Those are some super-delicious letters, Flag. They're fit together so beautifully and all seem to have been similarly set up and look great. YUM!

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

the letters are wonderful. i love the shape of them. did you cut them or make them yourself before tiling them. everyone on this forum is so talented i never think to ask did you buy them before asking did you make them

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to all of you. No, I didn't make the letters but bought them already cut out. Cathy I did not grout as I put all the tess together and then filled any spaces with bugle beads or seed beads. I think grout would have ruined the effect of the color saturation. And Slow is right, I hate to grout. I will get my handyman to install these on the side of the studio this week. I can't climb up high enuf to mount them. I have quite a few things done to go on the outside of the studio with the letters, hopefully I can get him to hang it all this week and get it off my worktable. I will do pics as soon as it is all up.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Flag, I hate grouting too!!! Especially ones I do with rocks and agates. They require so much more cleaning...can't wait to see yur studio up...

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It has rained all day today..I know we need it but it is putting me behind..I will get them up soon. Grouting is not my forte that's for sure. Calamity told me once to think of it as icing on the cake so I try to get that mindset when I have to do it. LOL

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

mmmm...icing..yum yum!!!lol!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

I always pull out your good instructions for grouting, Flag. I know how much you dislike it though.

Sponsored