Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyronnie

appendectomy

ladyronnie
15 years ago

I was in the ER at 3 a.m. last night with my 8 yo son, and at about 7 a.m. he had an appendectomy. I'm just home for a bit to get a shower and pick up some stuff, will be spending the night in the hospital. DH is with him right now. He came through the surgery just fine, hopefully will come home tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers for him.

Comments (15)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Bless you and yours!!!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Prayers for his speedy recovery! So young to go thru something like that, but his age will definitely help him bounce back quickly, I'm sure.

Pat

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

so sorry, good to hear he came through the surgery o k.
    bonnie

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Lady,

thinking of your son and family. HOpe he is feeling better already and gets to go home soon. Maybe he can help you with a mosaic project while he recovers.

take care

• crystal01
    15 years ago

Prayers go out to you and DS! Glad to know surgery went well.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Shucks, Poor lil' guy! God Keep youse! Jane

• meadel
    15 years ago

What a thing to go through at such a tender age. Big hugs to him when it doesn't hurt...my prayers and a kiss on the forehead now.
    Get some rest Mom/Dad. He'll be up and runnin and scaring you by climbing trees, etc soon enough !

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Whew, that must have been scary!! Glad he's through the surgery. You guys relax, he'll be fine!!

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

So sorry! All can relate to such a crisis with your child. Glad surgery is over and you can rest assure he will be just fine! Get some rest.....prayers to you and your family.

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

Prayers and good thoughts sent your way. Not a fun way to spend summer vacation!

Becky

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Bless his little heart, and yours! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was looking for this on the Conversations side (where it belongs) and finally realized it was on this side. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway...

We're home. He's doing very well, just sore and moving slowly. But he's really motivated. It was HIS idea to get up and walk up and down the halls this morning, starting about 6 a.m.! I think it went a long way that we met his surgeon in the hall on one of those jaunts.
    A funny happening (ok, sad too, but mostly funny)...my mom and dad came by the hospital yesterday and brought him a bouquet from mom's garden. As we were getting ready to leave the hospital this morning, Micah noticed the "bonus" in the bouquet:

Notice the TONGUE hanging out!
    We'll never know if the lizard was asleep on a flower stem and drowned, or already dead in the vase, or alive but trapped in the vase when mom put the flowers and water in. The male nurse who helped carry stuff out to the car stated, "It's a perfect bouquet for a boy!"

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Glad to hear your son is doing ok. Sorry bout the lizard.

Kathy

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Glad Micah is on the mend. (My oldest son is a Micah!)
    How sad and funny, poor lizard.
    I must say it is perfect for a boy!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I just saw this thread and am glad he's home safe and sound and doing well. I just hate to see little guys go through something so scary. I'm glad it's over so he can enjoy the rest of his summer.

Sponsored