Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Candlestick

texaswild
15 years ago

Got two of these on sale awhile back at HobLob. This is the small one. I'm doing one for each DD - one of their Christmas gifts. Hope to grout this tomorrow.

Candlestick

Comments (22)

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Beautiful!! and a pat on the back for thinking of Christmas gifrs now!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

VERY COOL!!!!!

and I see the lamp is topped off too! BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT!!!!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Over the TOP! You make me feel so inadequate. I need to do something. I am tired of finishing up stuff.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Very Nice!!! Just picked out flooring today and the drywall went up so I'm getting excited about the fireplace mantle that I get to mosaic...DH is VERY conservative and it will be a simple slate job, nothing "busy" he says!!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Beautiful candle stick!
    How in the world do you get those marbles to stay on like
    that?

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

It's just lovely!! You've made so many beautiful things lately, it's hard to keep up! Absolutely LOVE everything!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I don't know why I read candlestick and thought it would be small! It's is just perfect....just so you! LOVE how you cut those gems and put them sideways! Your DD's are so lucky!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Slow I really like your candlestick. Great Xmas gift.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, y'all. LOVES - the best tip of the week was FLAG telling us to turn the gems over. Don't know WHY my pea brain never thought of that. It's the best tip I've scarfed up in awhile. I broke my rule, and pulled out the GEII on this one. It holds the gems just fine. This tip was especially useful in those concave curves. Anxious to see the difference when I grout this this a.m. CINDI: The size is 20" - the large one is 24". I dread doing the second one, cuz I can't do two of the same things w/o getting bored, so it'll be a bit different, but similar. OH, YEAH, FLAG!!! - like you don't do about 20 things at the same time. CALAM - DON'T fall for that "nothing busy" stuff. You better put some pizazz into the fireplace. After all, you're the artist there. He'll LOVE whatever you do. Do it RIGHT, and not BORING.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Grouted and the other one on the table to do.
    Grouted

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Gorgeous as usual!! I do LOVE everything you do. We really need to change your name from Slow to Speedy...LOL

and here i am with version 2000 of my sea turtle. and you have completed at least three projects since I am fussing

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Man girl, you are quick! Beautiful! I have been eyeballin a candle stick I have in the living room much like those to mosaic. Now all my excuses have flown out the window!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

WoW, that is a great project, I clicked on your album to scope out your beautiful candlestick, and seems like hours later, after taking a tour of your albums i finally came back to compliment you on your candlestick :-) When do you find the time to do any normal things, like eat, sleep and some other things :-)looks like you are a very busy person,you have some really cool items that do.
    bonnie

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! Your work is always so beautiful......can't believe how many lovely things you finish while I'm still sitting here messing around with a darn golf ball covered in simple crash glass!

Pat

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, well, if y'all could see my yard and my house, you'd know what is suffering around here. While I'd love to drag the tile saw out today, I gotta get out and buy food. Plants are dying of thirst, weeds are about to take over, and the house is D.I.R.T.Y. Oh, the pull of mosaics. Thanks for the nice words.

• bamasusanna
    15 years ago

LOVE the candlestick. Very "slow-a-licious"!!!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

LOL Bama's RIGHT! its so pizzazzy I like the gems on edge!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just finished grouting the larger candlestick. Not perfect - made some big mistakes, but I'm bored w/it, so it's finished except for a little cleanup and sealing tomorrow.
    Large candlestick

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

looks great to me. what are those red tiles around the middle, they look kinda paisley.
    i know what you mean by gettin bored with projects, that's why i could never sew quilts or anything like that , would never get them finished, just got too bored with them, at least you finished .
    those cadle holders look like they would make a great base for a bird bath, are they sturdy enough for that?
    bonnie

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Hey Lady,I'm back!!!!!!!!!They look wonderful to me,but that's no surprise.She will love them!!!I posted my hurricane experience on the other side.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Such great work Slowmedown!
    Love what you do. So much fun to watch.

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Beautiful. I love your work.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz