Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Violin Blank WIP

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 18:04

After seeing Slows beautiful mirror I knew it was just the inspiration for this violin blank I have had for years.
A dear friend and very creative mosaic artist in Australia sent it to me.
Then this morning I posted a comment in the conversation thread, and once again Slow was the motivation I needed to get started.
I may have to make a trip to East Texas!
Comments appreciated.
Sorry about the blue, I took it under my picnic table umbrella.
I plan to "grout" with beads and very small glass bits.
LOL after going back and looking I see my little sweat drops!
It's hot in Texas ya'll.
Shatterd Notes WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Violin Blank WIP

Hot diggedy dawg. That's WONDERFUL!!! I LOVE it. How unique is THAT???!!! I love mirror glass, and use it in just about every piece I make. This w/be GREAT grouted w/beads and things. BTW - On that mirror you mentioned, I used black silicon for the "grout". Boy, you put that together fast! Looking forward to more of your projects. This is GREAT!

o
RE: Violin Blank WIP - and

Forgot to say WELCOME to E. TX anytime. W/LOVE to have you visit. You could also see FLAG's wonderful paradise gardens. SHE's the attraction in these parts.

o

Texas! I see you around here everywhere. LOL Aren't you glad you started on that? It has so much rhythm in the pieces already. It's really beautiful and it can only get better! Can hardly wait to see it as it develops!

o

I have been everywhere lately. It seems to be motivating me.
I worked on it some, but will wait until the morning to post a pic. I want to clean it up nice n shiney before I take photo.
I'm not sure how much sleep I'm going to get tonight, it feels like one of those nights!

o

Oooo, how pretty! Grouting with beads will look good!
Great job!!

o

Well, it has definately taken on a life of it's own!
I will post some pics when the glue dries clear.

o

See - told you so. Now doesn't this make you wanna do something else??? Anxious for the picture TODAY?????

o

This is fabulous already! Good job! Inspiring!

o

Looks great so far...looking for those update pictures!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here