Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've been commissioned to do a mosaic !

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 17:54

Holy cow ! This has never happened before ! It's for a lady on another forum I visit . She's seen my work and fell in love. Her DH's birthday is in Oct .... and I'm making an exact mosaic of his Harley as her gift to him.
Here's what his motorcycle looks like ( gulp)

Photobucket

This is how far I am ( just started it ) -->

Photobucket

I'm sweating just thinking of doing the windshield. How do you mosaic "clear glass" ? I have some smoky white streaky glass, maybe I can paint the board alittle bit bluish grey . I don't know . I have to think !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've been commissioned to do a mosaic !

Was this the person who assumed it would be cheap? This is sounding familiar to me.

o

yep ! You remembered ! In fact , I finally quoted her a fair price ,and she shocked me by offering to pay me way over what I stated ! I was so sure she would balk at the price . What a great surprise :)

o

Hey, that's awesome! I'm glad that worked out. Looking forward to seeing the project. You're very talented. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it.

o

Congratulations! I hope you post work-in-progress photos!

o

Whoohoo!!! That's great! What an amazing project this is gonna be! I look forward to the WIP pics of this!

o

How cool is that???!!!! Congratulations!! I, too, will be looking forwarding to seeing what you come up with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here