Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP Bird of Paradise

Posted by cajunlady68 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 17:45

Here is an update on my bird of paradise. This is the first mosaic that I've ever done. It is 3' x 5'. I finally got a chance to work on it again. Hope fully I'll get it done before winter.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/cajunlady68/100_1491.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP Bird of Paradise

Its beautiful! and your first? wow!

o

Oh, CAJUN: I remember this wonderful mosaic. It's a gigantic project - the tess!!!!! - oh so small. Unbelievable that it's your first.

o

I love it!

o

This is amazing and GORGEOUS! I love the colors you chose for it and Slow is right...such small tess! I wouldn't have the patience for all those small pieces...I'm in AWWWW! Bravo!!

Addiesue

o

DITTO to all the above, beautiful job. Keep up the good work.

o

Thanks for all of your comments. I still have a lot to do on it. I'll have to soon be cutting and fitting all the little tile around the flower petals. Then the grouting. This thing is going to weigh a ton. I'll probably have more questions the closer I come to the actual grouting.

o

Turning out very pretty.

o

Everyone already said it!!! Where is this going again? I know you probably told us but I need a memory refresher! Where ever it goes, it will be a stunner!

o

it looks great!
i also like to work with small bits.
makes the finished work more appreciated!
:D
what's funny... i haven't done a flower/bloom yet.
hmmm

o

It's supposed hang outside under my patio. My son is going to make me an aluminum frame to hang it from so I hope it will be strong enough to support it. However it's getting heavier and heavier, so I'm having second thoughts on whether or not it will work.

o

I finished!!!

o

Yea! Clapping my hands. Very good job. This took lots of patience.

o

Just like in the Olympics ---- I'm holding up a sign with 10.0 on it !!!!!!

Perfect !!

o

Superior PLUS!!!

o

WOW that's gorgeous !!

o

Thank y'all all soo much. It was really fun to do

o

Fabulous!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here