Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Side Tables to Coordinate with Sunburst table

Posted by sereneseen (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 08 at 17:36

Hi all,

I have half the day off to play! I'm sooooo happy. Anyway, I have been working on smaller side tables for my patio to coordinate with my Sunburst patio table. I finished the the base frame yesterday and adhered the tiles to the frame base today. Nothing special with the design because I didn't want to have too many things competing with the patio table. All I have left is to grout which unfortunately will have to wait for a week. I'm out of black grout and live an hour from the closest big box DIY type store. Probably won't be able to get it for a couple of weeks.

In the mean time I will continue to work on some candle holders to sit on the patio table. I went with mostly blue glass to add break up all that yellow on the patio table.

< img src=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/SereneSeen/Small Mosaic Projects/Candlelantern.jpg>

SereneSeen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Side Tables to Coordinate with Sunburst table

Very summery, I like the yellow and blue together. Just reminded me of a bedroom I had as a child, in those same colors :)

o

You did a beautiful job on the table. How about photos of all of it together?

o

Here ya go flag.....everything grouped together. I photo cropped the glass voltive holders on the table for fun. The two side tables sit on the side of two large bench seats but I only moved one into this photo.

o

That looks so pretty all together!! I just LOVE blue and yellow together!! GREAT JOB!!!

o
Side Tables to Coordinate with Sunburst table

those are terrific, love the colors, and such great spacing, and they all look great on your deck.
bonnie

o

That is a very impressive group! U did good.. I think that you did a great job with the colors..I love it..thanks for the photos.

o

Well what a wonderful setting, and you are a terrific mosaicist. VERY BEAUTIFUL. Love your colors and placement. This, and FLAG's purple patio set, REALLY are inspiring me to mosaic my patio table.

o

Oooh, purple patio set......I love purple! I have to see that. Do you have a picture of it flag.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. Everyone here has such great talent that my jaw drops everytime I look at all the new projects you are all making. It's incredible and inspirational.

Two weeks ago I bought a new mosaic book and lo & behold a table similar to mine was in the book. The sun part (wavy & spikey rays) was similar to mine but the table in the book has a really wide border that was divided into sections depicting zodiac symbols in each section. It's really colorful.

o

Very pretty. a beautiful patio setting!

o

WOw!! the tables go beautifully (is that a word LOL?) the patio table. Very very summery and makes you just want to sit down and relax and enjoy the outdoors. Great job on mosaicing. Keep it up, enjoy.

just a thought, but you might want to order your grout online, I have done that several times. craftsetc has free shipping with $35, and many other stores do that too. OOPS, polyclay timer went off. gotta go

o

VEEERRRYYY INVITING!!!

o

Beautiful!

Be Safe, Rach

o

Your tables are absolutely beautiful!!!! They look perfect together! Great Job!!!

ALlyson

o

That just took my breath away! That's the most beautiful patio set I have ever seen! Take a bow. You sure have talent!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here