Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Exchange?

silvamae
14 years ago

I am afraid to post this. I love exchanges, but I don't want to be the one organizing one! Hahaha. Is anyone interested in doing an exchange, and is anyone interested in being the organizer? I really like exchanging tesserae! The last one we did, I got this awesome broken plate called The Old Mill that is so cool, I am still hanging onto it because I want to use it on something special. Thoughts?

Comments (11)

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

My two cents worth is that any exchange is okay as long as it is as you suggest..a tess exchange...that was so fun and gave us all something new to work with. Any other exchange is not for me. Thanks Silva

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

This sounds interesting and fun please tell me more... this is new to me.... thanks Cathy

• gibsona
    14 years ago

I've been thinking the same thing! Want to have 1 but didn't want to suggest because don't want to be in charge, :o) Would love to have either tess OR project exchange.
    Ann

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Will someone volunteer to organize a tess exchange? Please?

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

I didn't get it on the last one so could you please explain what this means? I could possibly organize it if I know what I need to do.

Donna in Florida

• solstice98
    14 years ago

As a newbie I think I would be interested too, but wouldn't want to send someone something they don't want. We do exchanges on the Quilt forum pretty often and it's always fun.

Kate

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Okay I offered and no-one said a word. So lets get this ball on the road. If people are interested in getting into an exchange they can email me their name, username, email address and what type of tess they are looking for. I will wait a couple of weeks and then send out an email to everyone with a persons wants. This sounds like fun and kinda like the gift exchanges we do on GJ. Okay... ready.....set.....GO!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I emailed you!!!

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

I will start a new link so people will know what we are doing.

Thanks,
    Donna in Florida

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Donna, did someone tell you how the exchanges have been done?? I don't know the logistics but there is usually a thread started by the organizer with a list of who is interested in the exchange. the thread also gave the cutoff date for getting in the exchange, and the dates the boxes would be shipped.

the last tess exchange we never gave out a list of what we wanted, it was way more fun to just be surprised.

The organizer also gave the box size so the exchange was even, with no one going overboard or under.

Another item was rather people wanted/willing to ship or receive from Canada, or other areas members were in.

Hope that helps and thanks for stepping up. It was so much fun last time .

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Hi and thanks for the info. I started a separate thread called Summer Tess Exchange. I did say something about a gflat rate box, I will get the size tonight and put it on also. I have heard from about 5 people already and they are excited about it.

Donna in Florida

Sponsored
TR Granite & Stone Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Countertop in Loudoun County, VA