Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

A Wall Hanging With Crosses

texaswild
15 years ago

Notice I didn't name it? This was totally LABOR. This is what comes from not having a vision or inspiration and just mosaicing just to be mosaicing. It's another Christmas gift for DD. Sorta geared toward her faith, love of her home, a little heart-shaped computer she gave me many, many years ago that died many years ago. The ankh is raised on a wooden plaque, and was a necklace I bought and wore while posted in Cairo. Lower right cross is mirror, the silver cross is from HobLob. Face of the angel is poly clay, her halo and wings are metal thingys from a hardware store in PV. The two tall things at top that flank the little house were in an estate sale box of mixed wooden objects - have no clue what their use was. Those are earrings on top of them. The little wooden house shape - garage sale stuff (windows were painted and covered w/clear glass. The image behind the gold frame was a gift from CRACKPOT ANNIE, covered w/smoky glass. This message is too long.

Wall Hanging

Comments (14)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

WOW! I don't know what else to say. I can't stop looking at it! This is so absolutly fabulously amazingly stunningly BEAUTIFUL!! Sure wish I had just a drop of your talent for putting different things, colors, ideas together and ending up with such beauty! She is going to LOVE this!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Slow, you take my breath away.
    This whole multi media thing has always been captivating to me.
    You work challenges, inspires and stirs me.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Slow, you are a pro... your daughter will love this. I love how everything in his piece has meaning, truly magnificient... i'm going back to look again

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

I like it and you say you are in a slump! ROFLOL
    What is the red thing standing next to it? Have you been in your red tile again?

• rchovey
    15 years ago

Every piece you make speaks to me! I love your style. This is no exception! I find it very inspirational.

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

All I can say is, I wish I sucked as bad as you do.
    Its awesome, love the top pieces and the little house!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

'morning, y'all. Up early for a change. Gonna take a junkin' trip to Shreveport today w/a friend. Thank y'all for the uplifting comments. This was a difficult piece. Where's the cheese??? Y'all sure know how to lift one's spirits. FLAG - that's the facing to the door I filled in to house tesserae in the workshop wall - one of the first projects when I started mosaicing - it is slowly getting grouted w/left overs. I'm almost finished grouting the left side. The right side may never even get glued. I lost interest on such a large project. Correction on the face of the angel - that was leftover grout in a little mold - not poly clay. Thanks again, y'all.

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

Oh, that is just SO SLOW!

And Oh, how I wish I lived six hours further southwest, so I could go junkin' with you today! Have fun!

Hey, are you gonna join our tessarae exchange??

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I LOVE this Slow AND I like the description...it's totally not too long, there is so much going on that you would have just had to answer all these questions anyways so a good description works for me!!!ha! I still haven't used any of those metal things from PV!!! I keep forgetting about them till I see you hauling them out, and then I go...Oh Ya, I got those too! All that weight to haul home and they are stashed somewhere!!!lol! DD will love this!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

wowzee, that is really brilliant, i love it, wish i was the lucky gal getting a Christmas gift as great as that. i'm gonna have to try that mixed media thing.
    bonnie

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, y'all. I DO love mixed media. Didn't get much at the flea mkt. It was too hot to even focus on looking. Janey - you better pull those metal things out and use them. They're fun to work into any project.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

That is so pretty I want to somthing like that a dear friend of mine baby sister (16) was killed in a car wreck a few weeks a go .I want to do somthing as a mem. I am thinking about it .

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Love how you always use so many different things in your art. It's always wild and free....and so fast! I plan too much, and when I get back in my work room......I plan to be just that, WILD AND FREE! My coordintion is really bad..
    so perfection is out the window now! not a bad thing with art........I'd love to add the stuff you do, and just have fun! Very inspired!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well go for it, LOVE, NANA and LA. Just plunk something unusual down and work around it.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks