Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charmo_gw

Underwater scene GOG is done!

charmo
14 years ago

Hi everyone! I just finished my Underwater scene and I really like it. You'll see one of the picture is black but click on it because it will show you some "glow in the dark" tiles I used on it. It really cool!

Check it out here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr

Comments (11)

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

How beautiful!!!! Love the colors and the glow in the dark tiles are so cool!!!

• addiesue
    14 years ago

Charmo!!!!....That is SOOOoooooooo cute! I love it right where it is...with the sunlight behind it. It looks like an adorable little fish tank but then with a little closer look I notice the little underwater fantasy world! Very NICE work! If I were visiting you I'd find myself spending a lot of time in the bathroom! lol!

Addiesue

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Girlie: that is one cool piece of art. Your fish are so detailed, and I love the sea life. FABULOUS piece of art. You SHOULD be proud of this - it's WONDERFUL.

• charmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Cathy, Addie, and Slow for your compliments. I am getting better mostly because you guys inspire me a lot. When I look at all your work it gives me ideas and pushes me to do better!
    Cathy, did you read the comments under the pics? I mention in there that some of the rocks were a present from you, so there is a part of Alaska in there thanks to you!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Great job!!! Lovely colors...need a closeup of the seahorses...luv seahorses!!!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Wow! I really have missed alot!
    Your work is wonderful! The color and the fun of them are infectious.

• charmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Calamity and Texasfern! I'm slowly getting there. It seems that the first time I do something I screw it up somehow, then I slowly get better. Like just now I tried to mosaic an already made pation stone, so I used contact paper for my tiles then when that was ready, I put thinset on my patio stone, oh boy did that ever turn out scary and ugly!!! I guess I put too much thinset (too thick), and shoud have had an extra pair of hands to help me put my contact paper on...oh well, live and learn I guess!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Charmo, Gee! What a great piece! Each of the animals is wonderfully done. You will enjoy it for years to come!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Charmo, turned out wonderful!

• klinger
    14 years ago

I love that scene, it's well done and looks gorgeous.don't give up on the patio stone, just try again, you did so well on this project I'm sure you can do a stone.
    Cindy

• charmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Cindy, and I got advice from Slow and Fiddlekate on using the thinset for pation stones. I'm ready to start now if it could only stop raining here in Ontario. So far they say it's the worst July on record, it's not that warm and they are always calling for rain, everyday...we haven't had more than about 2 days of sun in a row for the whole month...Please summer come back!!!

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area