Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdbath

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 16:48

I have had soooo much fun this week.
I am teaching a friend and fellow crafter how to mosaic.
We have been to flea markets and Goodwill Clearance (OMG! I love this place!)
She and her husband do woodworking for the most part, and it is beautiful stuff.
Anyway, heres the birdbath. Total cost $8. Had to buy a brand new 14" terra cotta sauser for the top.
Over in T2T I posted pics of a couple of other things.
I will be posting pics of a couple other things here tomorrow that will be finished.
What a hoot!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdbath

Hot diggedy dawg - that's wonderful. Is that a wooden spindle? BEAUTIFUL, and yeah - isn't this place great?

o

How original and neat..Love the colors.

o

Very colorful! Love that base. will you be doing the inside of the saucer, too?

o
Birdbath

wow, that is unique, how did u attach the saucer to the wood? sounds like u and your friend had a great time :-) bonnie

o

Beautiful piece, Fernie. I like the way you did the sides different..instead of the same all the way round.

Be Safe, Rach

o

How much fun!!! Nothing is more fun than to find another mosaic friend, with something to offer too! Great project!!!

o

Thanks ya'll.
To answer the questions:
The base is an old wooden lamp, and YES, GW clearance is wonderful!!!!
No, we are not going to do the inside of the saucer. Keeping it simple and we used the ready mixed adhesive/grout. It was what she had and so we just used it up!(my brand new bag of thinset was relocated to the floor from the shelf by persons we will not name, and got wet and now is a large toe stumper!

o

Really pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here