Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vase Finished

Posted by scootsmom (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 15:20

Well here it is. I finally got it grouted and painted. I am pretty pleased with it. Of course,I always find something that I should have done different. Thanks to all who helped me decide what color to grout it. As I knew, it was right on target.

Allyson

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vase Finished

What an eye popper!
I can just see it full of daisys!

o

I just love that style of flower mosaic!!! Nice job on the mosaicing and the grouting! Lovely!!!

o

super job Allyson! it looks lovely!

o
Vase Finished

oh, i like that,wish your pics were a bit bigger, my eyes just don't pick up as good as they used to :-(
love the blue, and like texasfern said, can see it full of daisies, daisies are my favorite flower.
bonnie

o

Pretty, pretty, pretty....pretty as a daisy on a summer day! Is it gray grout? I'm with Bonnie on the not being able to see as well.

o

You been messing w/re-sizing those pictures again, girlie!!!! What I can see, it's lovely - looks like grey grout. Turned out beautifully. So what's SCOOTS next project.

o
RE: Vase Finished-Pictures are Fixed

Sorry ya'll, I think I got them too small, so I redid it.
After I got this finished, I wish I had used another color paint on the rim and handles, and I still might change it.

Slow, I'm not sure what I want to do next. Since finding this site, my list has grown rather large. There are so many ideas here. I found some real pretty dishes at a garage sale, but I just keep looking at them waiting for a idea to pop in my peabrain. I also look around my house and see so many plain objects just screaming to fixed up, just don't lnow where to start.

Well thanks for your comments and help.

Allyson

o

LOL Allyson,,you caught it..mosaic fever

You did a great job on the vase!

o

Ahhh, the FEVER!!! heh heh! Some of us have done not just the lampshades, but the chandelier too! And windowsills, chairs, but wait till you see what can be made for outside!!!! The pics are bigger and perfect now!!!!

o

Hey, that's better - BEAUTIFUL. I like the blue paint.

o

wow it's gorgeous! I just love the way it looks so different from each side too with the changing colours.

o

Oooo, NOW I can see it! It's FANTASTIC!!! I really like that blue paint, it's the perfect finshing touch on a perfect little vase! GREAT JOB!!

o

Scared me when they all said they couldn't see the pic's...lol Great job,it looks fantastic!

o
Vase Finished

scoot, thanks for taking the time to resize, much better for me to see them. i like the blue also.
bonnie

o

Great job. The dark grout really set off the white and the flowers, didn't it? I love the blue paint. Texas said she could just see it full of daisys...I could just see it at daisy(me)'s!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here