Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyronnie

New Exchange Info, Response Needed!

ladyronnie
15 years ago

This is copied from the last post I placed on the original exchange thread. I need EVERYONE PARTICIPATING to respond to the question toward the bottom regarding shipping between the US and Canada. Thanks!

OK, THIS IS THE FIRST OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE

RULES OF THE TESSARAE EXCHANGE,

CALL DATE FOR CHECK-IN, ETC.

1. This exchange is for tessarae only, no substrate.

2. Tessarae means anything you can adhere in a mosaic: china/dishes, stained glass, beads, marbles, rocks, jewelry, chain, polymer tiles, mirror, doo-dads, etc.

3. China/dishes should be nipped into pieces. You decide how small is small enough. If it's a focal it might be several inches across, so I'm not going to say it has to "x inches or less." If it's half a cup it will still be three dimensional as well.

4. Stained glass can be left in whatever size you want that will fit your package. If you have it cut up smaller, great!

5. US-based exchangers: Use a flat rate box, either size for $9.80; one is deeper, one is wider. For the USCanada issue, see below.

6. MAIL DATE WILL BE BETWEEN August 27 and August 29, 2008. Please DO NOT participate if you cannot mail during that period. If you want to participate and know you will not be able to mail during that period, make arrangements with someone else to mail your package for you. In fact, we should probably ALL have our package ready to mail sooner, and a contingency plan in place to get it mailed at the right time, just in case. There was too much angst this last exchange not knowing if packages were mailed, had arrived intact or at all, etc. Let's avoid that this exchange to the best of our ability.

(I know we could move this exchange up, but I don't mind giving more people a chance to join, AND I just don't want to be too tight on the heels of the last exchange. Plus, it lets the excitement build! ;)

7. First required check-in will be August 5, and second will be August 20. I'll draw names and let you know who your sendee is by August 24. (I will be out of town July 31 to August 4, and August 21.)

8. You have to have posted at least one project, at least a WIP, to participate.

9. The organizer (that'd be me ;) reserves the right to add rules as deemed appropriate, and after any necessary discussion which might arise.

'K?

Now, re: US/Canada, options:

1) "I don't mind a bit having to ship across the border, put me in a general drawing."

2) "I want a strictly USUS and CanadaCanada exchange."

In this case, I'll keep the folks in each country separate so no one has to ship across the border. Of course, for this to work, there has to be at least two Canadians who will ship to each other.

3) A combination of the above. There would be three drawings: one for those who don't care if they ship in or out of the country, one for those who want to ship only US to US, and one for those who want to ship only Canada to Canada. And honestly, I don't mind doing this.

SO: EMAIL or PM me, let me know if you want option #1 or #2, and your combined response is expected to direct us to do #3. By email or pm, we can still keep it secret who is giving to whom. I'll let you know how it turns out, but not who says what.

Now, go rest your eyes then come back and shoot off that response to me :)

Comments (25)

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

i sent you an e-mail and it was sent back to me, it took me awhile to find your e-mail.
    bonnie

• silvamae
    15 years ago

I prefer shipping to someone else in US, but if needed, I will be flexible and ship to Canada.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well I guess I can handle this one. Put me in category "1".

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

I'm in. Catagory #1

Becky

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

i will be in on # 1
    bonnie

• gin_gin
    15 years ago

ladyronnie, I also tried to email you but your email in your profile doesn't work. Can you correct your profile so we can contact you? I wouldn't suggest posting your email to the forum as that's the surest way to increase your spam. Also you mentioned PM. Most message boards have a PM feature, but I've never seen one here & I can't find it for the life of me. Can you clue me in please?

As for the exchange I'd like to participate, as I think I have some kick ass tesserae to share. It's hand made though and I'll have to make some more as I've used all I had. I'm moving around the beginning of Sept. hopefully, so I don't know if I'll have time. I'll try to work on some this week. If I do participate I'd ship to someone in the US, so option #2.
    Thanks!
    Virginia

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Guess I should have looked to see which email account I had last put in here. Please forgive me!

Email me at: cvfenton(@)alltel(dot)net

Looking forward to all of you being in the exchange! I picked up some really cool stuff to share while at HobLob yesterday :) I had also gotten the smaller box at the PO, but will now need the larger one! : D

GIN: I knew I should have only said email. Wasn't sure if GW had pm or not, so left it.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Option 2, U.S. only, please. Love those Canadians though....

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Hey Ronnie, Put me in and I will do a Cat.#2...how else would we have a chance to get something from those gals up there? Are you going to draw from all the cat 2's and Canadians and match them up? So, if we are in Cat #2 and send to Canada, some one from up there will probably be sending to us also? Does this make sense? Oh well I am confused, but I will ship to there.

• gin_gin
    15 years ago

Ah, well there's a good reason I couldn't find it then. LOL.

Flag, option #2 means you only want to mail to someone on your own side of the border, if I understood correctly. If you don't mind shipping to Canada, then you'd pick option #1

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Lady,

Put me in #1, I don't mind shipping to Canada, who knows what cool things they might have up there we don't hey???

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Put me in #1 then, I certianly don't mind shipping to them, I admit it is a little more costly, but not only for me but for them too...thanks for straightening me out.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Put me in # 2 I hate mailing to Canda no ofence to you all just a pain.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

These are the people I have participating in this forum's exchange so far. If I have missed you, or you want to join, let me know! The people with an * have not indicated if they are in for US/US, CAN/CAN, or luck of the draw. Email me at cvfenton(at)alltel(dot)net and let me know, ok?

ladyronnie
    gin_gin
    rchovey
    curbdiver1954
    mermaid4life
    shrty411
    crystal01 *
    flagtruck
    louisiana_greetings
    becky_ia
    calamity_j *
    crackpotannie
    daisyme
    crafty_lady
    silvamae
    nanatricia
    texasfern
    nicethyme
    slowmedown

• sereneseen
    15 years ago

Wooo Hooo, put me in group #1! My first exchange. I'm so pumped and collecting tessarae as we speak.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi SERENESEEN, and welcome! I don't recall seeing you here before. If you haven't posted a project, note that that's one of the rules for the exchange, and show us some pics! This serves two purposes: We know you're a real live person/artist, AND we get to see more pictures! And if I've just missed seeing you, point me to your thread!

Thanks,
    Roni

• sereneseen
    15 years ago

Here's a link to one of my recent works. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/stainedglass/msg061952062394.html?19

I'm a director of program so I don't have a lot of time to post or upload pics. What little time I have I try to use to spend with family or being creative.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

SERENE! That's beautiful! You certainly qualify! Forgive me for having to say what I did, it's just my job :) Thanks for the link. What kind of program are you director of?

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump for the newbies! You can still join in on this one! Just respond to this thread, ok?

For the oldies and those already involved...here's the list I have currently based upon posts and/or emails I have received:

myself
    rchovey
    curbdiver
    mermaid4life
    shrty411
    louisian_greetings
    becky_ia
    daisyme
    crafty_lady
    silvamae
    texasfern
    slowmedown

I have emailed the following people since I haven't heard from them by today:
    gin_gin
    flagtruck
    calamity_j
    nanatricia
    sereneseen

I know nicethyme is out of town so am keeping her on the list. Any other takers?? It's only two weeks to the final check-in, and going fast!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

CALAM is also out of town, but I seem to remember she was excited about it.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for that info, SLOW. It was pointed out to me in email that TODAY is the 5th, not yesterday. But I'm not gonna be such a stickler that I would boot anyone for the sake of a day or two anyway. The check-ins help keep the exchange in front of people, besides keeping the list current.

Jump in everyone!

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump, since the "rules" are at the top, and there have been a couple of questions.

I haven't heard from NANATRICIA or SERENESEEN. Everybody else, I have received your address. Anyone else who would like to join and you qualify according to the rules, TOMORROW AUGUST 20 is the deadline to let me know! EMAIL me at cvfenton(at)alltel(dot)net, and include your snail mail address. Thanks!

Roni

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

I have emailed you again .Let me know if you get it.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF! I see my name is still on here. Hope this hasn't caused a bump. I took my name off the other thread.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Not a problem SLOW! I marked you off my paper list whenever you said to. That list was back a couple weeks ago.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living