Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

Sidney meets Sidonea

nicethyme
14 years ago

It was a total surprize for her just to have us all arrive. I went in and told her the story of how I came up with the idea oneday at work and how her mom had said she loved clocks so I decided to make this art for her... she still hasn't seen it yet

Comments (19)

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

so I went out and brought it in, here I was holding the mosaic in front of her and she yelled WOW! you see her tone went haywire with excitement (and my DD is so used to blocking a smack to her face... lol)

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Everyday since, she has had her mom set her in front of it so that she can study it. I feel so good knowing I made something she truely enjoys...

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh NT!!! I'm crying with joy for you and Sidney!!! What a super cool thing to do!!! I love giving my art to people too!!! Now about those prints....WHEN can we get some!?!

• charmo
    14 years ago

NT, we can really tell she is excited and happy to receive this. Isn't it nice when we can put a smile on someone's face. I love that project of yours! (and all others too)

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thankyou both!

Jane, I'm filling out the order forms right now so it should be within a month or so as they estimate 4-5 weeks turn around. I need to get the card order under way too.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh Nice, I'm so glad we got to share her delight!!!!The smile on her face says it all!!! I'm wiping the tears. I just know she will have many, many hours of joy from your dancing, singing tree!!!!! How wonderful!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Bless your dear heart, child. You really know how to touch the hearts of people through your benevolence, as well as our hearts, blessed enough to see your work through this forum. This is the most wonderful thing I've seen in a long time. I wish we lived closer so I could get to know you personally. What a joyous event that must have been. On a smart-a$$ note - how you gonna top this one, girlie?

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ROFL! Slow - I'm not sure that would be possible in a million years. This might just be the biggest bestest thing I do. and I'll be fine with that.

In all the years that I've known Sidney, I've never been able to give her a birthday or Christmas gift that she could really enjoy. And now I made something she loves and can enjoy all her life. That accomplishment makes my heart smile!

thank you all for sharing in this experience with me

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

NT, what a fantastic heartwarming experience you have given all of us -especially Sidney and her Mom, not to mention your kids seeing their Mom selflessly create this amazing piece of art.

What a gem you are!! I imagine Sidney will spend hours and hours absorbed in her new eyecandy!!!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

almost a year later, how are things going with Sidney and what new happenings in her life have gone on?

I still love looking at that beautiful picture...

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Yeah, and I miss NT posting here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I have the poster front and center in my Art Room!!! See it Everyday!! Thanks for bringing this back up!!!

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

That is truly one of the most beautiful mosaics I have ever seen!!! Absolutely phenomenal!!!

• calinromania
    13 years ago

i agree with you soonergirl.
    it's PERFECT in every way and from every angle you look at it.
    and that it was given as a gift... WOW!
    did i miss this? was it turned into a post card?
    wish i had received one!
    hmmm

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Calin, email me: janelewis63@msn.com and I will send you one!!!!

• calinromania
    13 years ago

cool. i'll email you right now :D

• kiki_thinking
    12 years ago

Is there a way i can buy a print or card? Love it, and love the threads that follow its creation!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Kiki! yes they are available and all proceeds go to Sidney's fund... you can search for user's stores at Etsy... look for nicethyme ... thanks

• kiki_thinking
    12 years ago

Thank you!

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA