Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Tissue Box & Desk Organizer/pic

Posted by Marietjie (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 11 at 14:16

Photobucket
Thanks Betty - posting the pic was easy!
My first tissue box & desk organizer - Paint & grout is oatmeal colour - I love the soft pink look. Those 'squares' are the mirrors's reflections - not funny painting! The desk organizer has got a lid where I put my pencils, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Tissue Box & Desk Organizer/pic

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!! What gorgeous work! Looks so delicate, yet colorful, and I LOVE the shards you chose and so beautifully pieced back together. You're already a perfectionist pro. You surely don't do newbie work.

o

Those are beautiful and beautifully done. I love that grout, I'm looking for a soft color grout for my project.

o

You surely don't do newbie work... slowmedown, yes you just don't know how hard I had to THINK to make it work! Let you tell you my secret - sometimes I call hubby to decide on designs - and he is always right. Nice to have them around!?!
rock-oak-deer - the oatmeal colour grout is lovely - it is not beige and it is not pink - I will rather name it 'victorian pink' I try not to spend too much money on my hobbies - ornaments and plates I get from charity shops for almost nothing and the mirror offcuts are free. Glad you guys like it.

o

How lovely and charming! The mirror adds extra dimension and interest to the shabby chic look.
Your workmanship definitely looks expert from here!
You say this is your first. Do you plan to make lots of them?
Kathy

o

Kathy . . .You say this is your first. Do you plan to make lots of them? No, not really my very first - 4th and 5th rather. First one was a frog, then a tea/coffee/sugar organiser-halfmoon table top then the ones in the pic.
At the moment I am busy with an outdoor panel with a fish design then I am hoping to make 2 or 3 smaller outdoor panels.After that I will need to halt for a week or so - the house needs a spring cleaning!and the garden!

o

Ha - famous words - "halt" isn't in our vocabulary. I'd say you are hooked already, and w/find it hard to halt. You are now a mosaic addict. Welcome to the wonderful addiction of mosaics. Again, your work is outstanding, and we'll be watching for more. Housework has taken a back seat - mosaics in the front for this house.

o

Ah, I thought you planned to mosaic a bunch of tissue box/ desk organizer sets. We are going to be a one job couple soon and I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway I can make money from my art, so my "ears" prick up when I think someone is selling - I need guidance!
Kathy

o

Lovely set! I too, love the blingy mirror! Good Job!

o

What a beautiful set... and beautifully put together. Love the little broken mirror squares!

o

Those are charming! Beautiful job.

o

What a pretty set! Nice to pass this down thru the family I would say.

o

So pretty! Love the colors and the beautiful design you used!

o

Those are so beautifully done. What soft colors. Very, very nice!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here