Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Mosaic Resource Books for a Mosaic Beginner

Posted by hoosierquilt (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 14:11

I am going to tackle a small to medium sized mosaic project - making a cover for our fire pit (1/2 circle), and I'd like to invest in some good basic mosaic resources "how to" books. I'm hoping you all experienced mosaic artists might be able to recommend several good resources books that a beginner would like to have on the shelf, to get started? Thanks so much, and very excited about my first project.

Patty S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Mosaic Resource Books for a Mosaic Beginner

I like "Classic Mosaic" by Elaine M. Goodwin.

Below is a link to an article I wrote about mosaics, and near the end of the article is a link to her book.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's article about how to mosaic

o

Thanks so much, silvamae. I will check out both your article and the book! We do have a mosaic artist that teaches classes periodically in my area, so I am on the list to sign up for the next class, which I'm hoping will be next month.

Patty S.

o

I have a bunch of them (though not the one Silvamae mentioned--I'll have to check that out myself). Of the ones I have, I think the best is Readers' Digest Guide to Mosaics. It's very informative and easy to follow.

Here is a link that might be useful: Readers Digest Guide to Mosaics

o

Thanks, Lori, I will look at your suggestion as well. Appreciate it!

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here