Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about grout

Posted by louisiana_greetings (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 14:10

I'm feeling a bit ignorant here! But if I'm grouting glass, I'm assuming I use unsanded grout?
Seems like I'm always in a hurry, soooo when I grabbed the color of grout that I liked from the shelf at Lowes . (MAPIE) Opticolor stain-free grout, I start to read for directions, and all I see is instructions included with parts A & B liquids! WELL, seems to me that all the stuff would be in one darn bag? Guess I will fit in another trip to Lowes and find something else, any suggestions? Or buy parts A & B .
Is this stainfree grout any good?
bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about grout

Oooooooo I KNOW how frustrating that can be. I'm not familiar w/the Opticolor. I always use Mapei Keracolor grout. Why doncha take it back and get the Keracolor.

o

Sounds like you bought the epoxy grout. Probably not what you want to use. I usually use sanded grout because the unsanded to me is a pain to work with.

o

I use sanded grout all the way, and have only bought the stuff that you mix with water, haven't tried that new fangled premixed stuff yet!lol! Is this for the light fixture??? oh I'm waiting to see that puppy done!!!!

o
question about grout

Been feeling bad with the crudd all week, you know , when you cough sooo much that those stomach muscles ya forgot you owned hurt!?
But i was going to try and grout the light cover last nite, against all good advice i went and tried the unsanded grout last nite, it didn't seem the right cosistancy, so i sat on the bed for a few minutes and woke up at dawn, needless to say the grout did get hard in the mixing bowl spoon and all!! Duh!!
so i will probably try again tom..
bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: grout

o
question about grout

i never had a problem with grouting a project befor, but for likes of me can't figure this one out,i air brushed on word some of this pic, what ya think, the black or the redish brown?
bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: light cover

o
hey out there, question about grout

changed this subject a bit, can you look at the pic on the post above this one?
bonnie

o

Oh, WOW. I see your dilemma. I like both. Oh good grief! Don't know how to advise you on this one. I'm partial to black, but that red looks great too. Throwing this back at you. BEAUTIFUL. That's gonna be fabulous.

o

The red .I think it looks better .

o
question about grout

went to lowes, they didn't have the right color i wanted, so i settled for terra cotta. did the grout thingy and am not happy with it, maybe it will look better when all cleaned up and the light shinning on it.
need some sleep, will deal with this in a few hours.
bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: light cover

o

Bonnie, while I think its lovely now. You can do a watered down paint to change the grout color.

o

Yeah, what NT said - paint that sucker any color you wish. You did a great job.

o

Looks good to me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here