Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poly clay playing and WIP

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 13:57

I finally got up enough nerve to play with the clay. I am using a very small disposable pan right now until I can find a cheap one at some gs. You can see in the one pix I don't have the depth down yet which caused the end to crumble
poly clay

I made another batch and they turned out a bit better but having problems with painting the letters, have to work on that. Here is a kleenex box i am making for my Mom, it says gesundheict on one side and bless you on the other, i also have a home is where the heart is that i hikaked form Lauries book. the roses are poly clay that i bought off ebay
poly clay wip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poly clay playing and WIP

How pretty. I like

Kathy

o

Good for you for beginning to play with this. You've learned, and so have WE! Thanks for posting this. I love the Kleenex box. My Grandma was German, and that gesundheict made me smile in memory of her.

o

Yes, my Grandma was too, and my Dad always said that whenever we sneezed, and my mom said bless you so that is why I did this very belated Mother's day gift for her. For some reason, what I did so far reminds me of a birthday cake. LOL. strange.

Thanks Daisy and Kathy, hope to work on it again tomorrow plus do another round of polyclay... Don't want to jinx it, but so far there hasn't been any odor with the sculpey. I followed NT and Laruie's instructions, and took it outside as soon as it was done.. Need to find a much bigger pan so I can make a lot more, don't want to keep the oven on in this heat..

o

Looks good.

Getting the tiles the right thickness takes practice. I found using a 12 x 12 ceramic tile to work on helped.

o

Lookin' Good! It does remind me of a cake, that's probably why I like it so much!!!hee ho!

o

Like SHRTY says, it takes practice to get the clay going your way, but you've made a start. If you like the medium, you'll perfect it to your standards. Like my chunky, irregular pieces in mosaics, they please me even in their rustic, primitive state, so I'm not striving for perfection. The tissue box is LOVELY. Love your colors, and am anxious to see how it progresses. It's already BEAUTIFUL.

o

Great job,one I havent started yet but hope to someday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here