Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

Two projects finished

Shades_of_idaho
16 years ago

Hi, I have been sort of absent. Been so busy in the yard and my jobs. But I did take a little time here and there to finally finish the long narrow table I did for our bathroom. The top was done but the bottom shelf was not mosaiced and I had not grouted either. So now all of that is done and the table is back in the bathroom This picture is of it in the kitchen. I can not get back from it to get a good picture in the bathroom Our bathroom has black and white checked floor like the old 50's diners. LOL Hubby about choked when I said I wanted that on the floor. Well I love the floor and the bright table looks fun in there too.

{{!gwi}}

Then I had bought this corner cabinet at a yard sale for $2.00. I had to put a backing on it and cut a plywood top for it and sealed it up well. Then did the mosaic on it. Finished grouting it last night. AND I did glue it down to the cabinet straight AFTER this picture was taken. GASP when I saw this uploaded picture I dashed to the kitchen to be sure it was setting on the base straight. It is so all is well but I am too lazy to get new pictures.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Chris

Comments (18)

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS - another couple of breathtakingly beauties. SHADES: your colors are so vibrant. Absolutely delicious. What a good mosaicist you are. I love it all but the checkerboard designs really set them off beautifully. I LOVE the dark colors inside the pastel plate rims. Hadn't thought of doing that. Truly beautiful pieces.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

OMG!! That is just beautiful! I mean..incredible!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

wow, Shades those are truely fabulous! I love the seamless combinations of glass and plates. Both pieces are really beautiful!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

OH Shades that is truly beautiful. I love the ring design, I hope you don't mind if I copy it....someday...LOL

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi and Thank you all for the nice comments. Crystal copy all you like. Same for anyone. Was not really my idea to begin with. Folks have been doing it for a long time in all sorts of combinations. This is a small piece to work on and the plate circles were small saucers or bread plates.

Since I was REALLY into quilting and my first quilt was a double wedding ring I have toyed with trying to copy that someday. YIKES would have to be on a dining room table to get the effect. Since we do not have a dinning or even kitchen table. UT OH, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brain storm. I do have my office desk top. Heheheh Hummmmmmmmmm

This brings to mind sources for ideas. I think I will hit my quilting books and see if there is something in them to run with. Double Hummmmmmmmmmm

I have already started on the purple dresser. OH big deal I have it unloaded ,and that was a big deal for such a small dresser, and I glued glass globs around the outer top edge. Need to wash my clear glass of the black marks from the stained glass ladies, and then just toss it out random.Since the dresser will be Louise's pedestal I want it sparkles but plain to not over power her.

Thanks Again Chris

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Chris, these are very pretty. I really like the overlapping circles on the corner cabinet. I know it's been done, but YOU did it so WELL :)

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Gorgeous work! Love the table most of the two. ~: )

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Love them both! The overlapping plates with the glass is really nice

Maria

• ba1je
    16 years ago

love them both--would love to see close up pics of the table. just gorgeous work...barb

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

So Beautiful Shades! I love them both too.
    Really great work.

Hazie

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

One word sums it up ........

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

• lyndalu
    16 years ago

yep, WOW it is! Just Beautiful!

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aw Thanks so much. Keeps a person wanting to do more when you all say how wonderful things look.

I will get a close up of the top of the table for you Barb. Hubby is sleeping and I am sure I would wake him if I tried it now. I do not have a close up of it grouted.

Going for something cold right quick. Sweltering in here with door closed to keep the pups and kitties out while I am cutting glass.

Chris

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

I LOVE that table! I really like the way you used just the rims and put glass in the centre, very creative. Just can't express how much I love it!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Shades you already know I love your table and with the tile floor it is so perfect!I really love how you put that bright glass with the china plates what a good idea...good job girl!

• lilym
    16 years ago

I like them both....a lot! On the corner cabinet what is the background glass, looks like it just glistens.

• gibsona
    16 years ago

ARGH!!! I can't see the pictures!! I have the dreaded red x's. . . . . .

Ann :(

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lilym the background glass is white iridescent. I wanted it plain. This is such a small area to do and it is already covered up with cell phone and answering machine and pencil cup . Did not want it to be too busy.

Gibsona Not sure why you would not be able to see the pictures. Try right clicking on the red X and then view picture.

Chris

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!