Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I seal the inside of a boot?

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 13:53

Hi all. I'd like to mosaic a boot and use it as a planter. I filled it with concrete, but water still seeps through the bottom. What should I use to seal it? It doesn't have to be pretty because it will be inside the boot, it just needs to retain water. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I seal the inside of a boot?

PHIS: Haven't answered this cuz I don't know. What kind of boot? A picture w/help. Don't quite understand - planter - filled w/concrete - hold water?

o
RE: How do I seal the inside of a boot?

Need more info . . . have you already completely filled the inside of the boot? Must not have, because there must still be a cavity inside where the plant will be. If not, I had a thought. Find a glass vase that will fit inside the boot. Fill the boot part way with concrete. Squish the glass vase down inside the boot while the concrete is still wet, and discard what oozes up to the top. Hope that makes sense.

o
I have already filled the inside bottom and

edges with concrete. But that is only like 1/2 inch all the way around, so there is still a large opening in the boot. It's a short boot, like ankle height. I like silvamae's idea of adding more fresh concrete and squishing a vase into that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here