Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question for slow?

Posted by louisiana_greetings (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 13:48

hey, when i was scoping out your beautiful flower beds, i noticed the edging on them were not mosaiced, and i see that you mosaic everything in sight :-) curious , how come you haven't done those yet? you have such great ideas, i know you can come up with some good stuff :-) i posted a pic of a couple i have done.
bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: edgers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question for slow?

THANKS for asking her that! I have been trying to get her to pull one at a time and mosaic them or at least the tops of them. She says she has so many she'd never get them done...
Slow is tied up with her DD today and should be on here later tonight. I can't wait to read her answer.
I do one a day..I even grouted two yesterday and sealed them this morning. I will do pics later when it isn't so hot.

o
question for slow?

i was almost skeered to ask the question, i remember her saying that she gets bored easly and doesn't want to fool with one project too long.
maybe we all should meet up there and do a couple a peice and help her out ;-)
Bonnie

o

Hey, you l'il heifers!!! It ain't gonna happen. I'd go nuts on about the fifth one. Somehow these cinder blocks haven't bored me yet. Hope to get involved w/mosaics again this weekend. Been berry, berry busy. Thanks for asking. Might fool y'all someday.

o

Boy am I glad you are back to defend yourself. I knew the answer before I read all of it. ...LOL
That should inspire you if nothing else does. One a day and each will be different depending on your mood.
Love it!

o
question for slow?

hey, i haven't been called a heifer in a long time, reminds me of the ole days, those were the days ;-)
bonnie

o
RE: question for slow? - and

I hope you weren't offended. It's a term of endearment in the south. I got in B.I.G. trouble year b/f last in PV. I was taken to task by one of the ladies. In my using it, it's cuz I think you're pretty neat, mischevious, clever - sorta "I can't believe you said that" kind of comment. I don't KNOW where the term originated, but every time I've ever heard it, it was in a light-hearted mode. I remember well an "I Love Lucy" night, when it was used by a country music guy, whose name I can't recall right now, but he said it admiringly to Lucy. It's one of my favorite expressions.

o
question for slow?

NO offense taken at all , i feel special :-) we have been using that term for years, just haven't heard it in awhile.

o

Slow - was it Tennessee Ernie Ford? Seems I remember an episode with him using it.

Pat

o

Just thought I'd check in her tonight - been busy today. It was during the night when I realized who the singer was, CURB, and you're exactly right - it was TEF. I can't believe you saw and remembered that one. It was a hoot. BEAUTIFUL - someone understands me and my favorite expression!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here