Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Thanks for Lunch

texaswild
15 years ago

The pedestal is about to be loaded into the Jeep headed for Becky's house. The main reason for the junkin trip to Shreveport was to have lunch at Copeland's Restaurant. I was hungry for seafood in their style. Since I won't let Becky help w/the gas, she always buys our lunch, and a lunch it WAS. Fabulous. Adhered w/Omni Grip from Home D, grouted w/Charcoal-colored polymer-modified mortar. This is a bit bland in color, cuz Becky only likes yellows, oranges, greens and red. I did throw in the blue flower from a candle holder I bought at an estate sale that day.

Pedestal

Comments (17)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Another wonderful work of art. However do you get these done so fast and so wonderful!!! You're my idol

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Bland?!? You could NEVER make anything bland, silly girl!
    It's beautiful! I have the blocks, just need the time (and inspiration, which I think I just got from you) to go out and do it! Lovely gift!

• katkerri
    15 years ago

fabulous pedestal !!!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

OMG!! this is beautiful..I will but you lunch for one of those!.. I know I can do one, but it wouldn't be the same as having one of yours. This thing is gorgeous and I think that maybe you got into your new stash of plates etc. with this one? You do such beautiful and off the wall work...love it.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

What a wonderful pedestal, Slow. You have such a great eye for balance and color and design. Wow. I love the 4 squares stacked like that too. What did you use for substrate?

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I swear. I'm never throwing anything away again. (sigh)

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Gail - She did these on the half blocks from Lowes...Aren't they awesome?

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

It may be bland in your eyes, but it ain't no plain Jane in mine!!! Love it!!!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

LOL I can see why you think it's bland - compared to your usual bling. It's beautiful and not bland to us ordinary folks ;)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, good morning y'all. Thanks a bunch. MER - these blocks are made for fast work - doesn't take any time at all to slap them together. They are rather addicting too, I might add. CINDI - get on w/one - we're watching. FLAG: I'll settle for your taking me junkin w/you for a pedestal. I have more blocks, and I'll see what I can come up with. I did use the plate stash. Really helps to have them at the ready, even though they still had to be nipped. I have two blisters from all the nipping. Gotta mow today, though, so can't get started on yours just yet. Also working on the other candlestick. Thanks for answering DAISY's question. I only play computer once a day lately. DAISY: What, in this piece, made you decide to keep everything from now on? CALAM/SHRTY - yep, it's bland to me, but on FLAG's I can go crazy w/color, so watch out.

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

That...bland? No way! It's beautiful and I actually love the colors!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Yep another stunner!!!Wish we lived closer I'd buy you lunch everyday for something like that...

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Wahhhh....I can't see it...Photobucket being in maintenance!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I love those colors!
    You do work sooo very fast.
    Just another beauty!

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Finally got to see them...gish Slow, heck, I'll buy you dinner and throw in a bottle of wine! Love this....!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

There you go Gypsy...get in line...lol..she likes that alcholic stuff. Maybe she will do your's first...lol

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Slow, oh, I meant I'd never throw away a plate again, LOL I returned some beautiful plain green ones months ago thinking ONLY of making my birdhouses and now I'm sooooo sorry.

Flag, thanks for answering my question about what they are. But I'm still not sure what a half block is. Are they cement? I'll have to get myself some of THOSE.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz