Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Mirrors

texasfern
14 years ago

Remember this one? Someone cracked it so I repaired it!

This one is painted crash glass, bottle caps filled with beads and resin, beads and one of a pair of old 80's earrings.

So much has been going on in my life and thanks to getting back in here and being inspired, I turned lemons into lemonaide!

Thanks all.

Comments (11)

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, and check out my Say Cheese post at Trash to Treasures.

• brendak_59
    14 years ago

These are beautiful. Great ideas.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Good grief!!!!! I went directly to Trash/Treasure when I saw this post, left a comment, got interrupted, and never came back to say how much I LOVE what you've done to that mirror, and how much I LOVE the second one. OHMYGOODNESS. I've seen bottle caps used in mosaics b/f, but never this beautifully used. Girle, I hope you don't mind that the next time I do a regular wall piece, that I use your idea. Wish I could see this in person. For my own purposes, would the resin be absolutely necessary, or couldn't I just fill it w/white glue, which w/dry clear, and get the same effect? I soooooooo love your mirrors. Re your trash/treasure piece, that's absolute genius!!!!!!!! Wish you had more time to contribute here, cuz I love your work.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Great fix-it job!!! Looks meant to be! I too, posted on the Trash to Treasure side!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

TOO Dang COOL Tex!!! Wow great idea...who'd a thunk a bottle cap could be so beautiful!!!???? How do I see the Trash to Treasure???? I wanta see too>>>>Cathy

• texaswild
    14 years ago

CATH: go to "forums", then go to Home forums, and down in the second section under crafts, just past this forum, you'll find it.

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys.
    I have made some with white glue Slow, it works but I like the "clearer" look with the resin and I had some leftover from the treasure boxes and did a rush job so as not to waste it.

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

Both very cool but I really LOVE the second one - the bottle cap bead thing is very inspired

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Wow, those are beautiful!!! I love all the little extras that you used. Very nice job.

Donna in Florida

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all. I'm hoping to make a bunch more bottle caps.
    It will clear up some storage space after I use the millions of seed beads I have all over the place!

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Your design is splendid! Using those bottle caps in making such magnificent work is really great and innovative.

Sponsored
Third-Generation Family-Owned Masonry Supplier in Virginia