Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flag's Column

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 13:20

FLAG asked me to post the pictures of our work on her column. It was made w/one and a half sheets of the lathe, and another layer of the same, plus a three-inch patch down the length where the second layer didn't meet around the first. We applied one bag of mortar on Thursday after we got it together, but in near 100 degree heat, that's all I could stand that day. She's still in the process of mortaring it in the early mornings, but standing seven ft. tall, it's taking awhile. It'll probably get two layers of mortar cuz y'all know how I am. There are some "warts" that FLAG's perfectionist personality can't tolerate. Sorry, FLAG.
Column WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flag's Column

WHOOHOO!!! Go BIG or go Home!!!(Well,You know what I mean!)heh heh! I have a tube, that I may do once I get all the other stuff done! But really, you use less concrete doing it the Riana way, don't you think? hmm...Anyhoo, can't wait to see how she'll decorate this baby!!! Did she send you home with goodies??? Tiles??? Nosy ain't I!lol!

o

Janey- I tried to send her home with a lot of stuff, but she was tired and we were all HOT and she wanted nothing. So, I will make her a care package and take it to her. I
think she needs more "Bling" in her garden..LOL
I worked on this baby this am and got about halfway on all sides and a little higher on some. One more session and I will be on a ladder. Yep Slow is right, 2 coats are called for, that way it will be smooth..

o

Flag, I just found this column projet! Wow! I have a lot of respect for anyone wrestling with that much mesh. How did you get the even roundness after piecing? Did you just roll it a bit to get an even curve? Do you always use mortar instead of concrete? I really have a problem with understanding what is what, concrete, mortar, thinset, mastic.

o

I really have a problem with understanding what is what, concrete, mortar, thinset, mastic.

You are not alone, artglass. HAHAHAHA

That's a biggun. But then again, they do EVERYTHING bigger in Texas. Yup, I'll move there one day.

You'll have a lot of fun with it. Will be watching for updates!! Can't wait!

o

So, Flag, got that baby finished yet!!!!??? Ya got us hungry for Eye Candy now...

o

I have to go after more mortar.
artglass, Betty(Slow) did the form for me, she brought a friend she wanted to show how to do it. I think I threw a monkey wrench in the thing as I wanted it bigger around. So anyway, this is 4 sheets of lath plus a 3" piece to fill in on one side of the final layer. Mortar, thinset are the same thing. Buy mortar mix with sand, NO ROCKS. Rocks and gravel are in concrete mix. Slow and I do not use mastic. Only mortar or thinset. If you ask for thinset at Lowes they won't know what you speak of...LOL...ask for mortar mix. You can find it with the masonry stuff and also Mapai brand in the tile section of the store. I hope this clarifies things. We refer to what we smooth on the lath as crete. Only slang, not concrete with rocks.

o

What fun! You two working to start a project together so you, Flag, can start with your artistry yet again. I know something wonderful is in store for us and your gardens!

o

Ahhh. I plan on making a large tree kinda like this.
DH brought me a 12ft tube home from work. I plan on wrapping the lathe around it. I think it'll help me with applying the crete and not smooshing it all the way through.

How did you do the base?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cardboard tube

o

Wow! Just wrap the tube with lath twice and then pull out the tube and save it for next time. The base we measured up 12" and then cut slits and bent up the feet. I have concrete blocks sitting on the feet while creteing and then after mosacing, Slow's idea is to dig a hole, place the column and feet in it, use bent rebar pins and drive then thru the feet into the ground, then pour concrete into the hole atop the feet and cover with dirt. I will not tile the bottom 8" or so of the column. this should hold it forever. I found a clay plant saucer that just fits the top. Stand your lath up or lay down and join to long sides together. If yours is a 12" tube, your lath will fit and lap over you will have to add if you are going to leave it that tall or cut your cardboard tube in half and you will have two forms. I had very little crete fall thru,most of it just went between the two laths. I too have some cardboard tubes from Lowe's 8" and 12" that I am going to use to form the next column, it will not be this tall. I am trying to devise a cradle to lay this baby down in to mosaic since I don't want to be on a ladder for the top or on the ground for the bottom.
Mine is now all creted and ready for tess so will have to do the cradle this weekend so when my handyman gets here Mon he can help me to turn it on its side.
Good luck with yours Bama, keep us informed.

o

WOW, WOW, WOW. BAMA - that is one tall sucker!!!!!!!!! A TREE????????????????? Oh, boy - you've laid out the tease. Now you have to keep us updated on your project. When you gonna start, huh huh huh??? Congrats, FLAG, on the completion of concreting. I know you're anxious to start slapping on the tess. Mentally working on two more, huh? Are we sick or what?

o

Man, it sounds like the way you are gonna put it in the ground it should hold thru a hurricane! Trees should be rooted that well! LOL

o

I know I'm wacked..I have been outside all morning with a hammer and breaking up a lot of tile that was given to me. Most of this is floor tile, but it breaks just the same. A lot of it I will use on the column and some of it on the back wall of my house. I already have the design sketched on the brick. But that will be another thread. Now I am back out to look under my worktable and make sure I have busted all the tile I had under there. I now have a basket of white, two green, two grey or dk brown, one beige and one mixed. I started this by looking for some black river rocks I thought I had. I wanted them for this column, but alas, no black rocks so I guess I will use brown rocks from my sucullent bed. Anyone got a source for black river rocks that not too expensive?

o

Ha!! It'll be a while before I get started on mine.
I'm sure gonna enjoy watching this one!!

o

Oh TOO COOL U 2!!!! I so wish I had someone near to do projects with. I'm sure you must have a blast!!! I know it's hard work but it's always easier when your doing it with someone..can't wait to see the progress!!!

o

Awesome!

o

No black rocks, my friend. I'll be interested to see what spin you put on this column. I picked up a large piece of about 20 inch pipe for free at a GS, and am looking for inspiration. I may try some flowers with the indirect method, as I've loved your flowered pieces from the start.

o

Black river rocks - Dollar stores.

o

Awesome Flag!! Can't wait to see where you take this one!! It will be fantastic I am sure.

o

Here is this mornings progress. I only stayed on the ladder for one batch of thinset. LOL. It got very hot out there so I will wait for shade. I did sort of get my design drawn on the column. I scrapped the idea of laying this baby down to work on it. It already weighs a ton and with the addition of tess...well. I will do the top half with it here and then set it in place and do the bottom half. I am afraid if I do it all, the dolly to roll it will knock off some of my tess. I intend to work on this some more today so will post another pic later.

Here is a link that might be useful: AM progress Thursday

o

This is gonna look great, I agree that smooshing it so no grouting later is the way to go. Already like the colors and design I could see.
Cindy

o

Lookin good!! Look forward to seeing the progress!!!!

o

I was wondering how long it w/take you to realize it w/be much too heavy to move once mosaiced. I know it's a PITA to work on site, but doncha think you should move it now to where it'll be, plant it and begin? Since it's not as large an area as my wall, you wouln't be on the ground so much. You could whip out the ground area in one/maybe two mornings, and the rest is easy.

o

I think I will have Juan dig the hole tomorrow, bend the rebar and mix the crete, It should set up by Sat. I may continue to work around the very top today. My legs gave out standing on the ladder so long. I will be glad to get it down to chair height so I can sit. I have done more since the last pic but will wait until this evening to do another one. I am going to $ stores in a bit to look for black rocks. I mixed the thinset thinner but can't get the squoosh to do right. I will keep on trying and by the time I get to the bottom I should know how. LOL

o

Not much more headway today. More tomorrow. heres pic

Here is a link that might be useful: 7/23/09 progress

o

Oh, man - is that looking GOOD or WHAT? Can you imagine how much that thing is gonna weigh when mosaiced? Wooohoo. Talk about a striking piece of art in that back garden that'll knock your socks off - oh y'all - it'll be a sight to see.

o

This is making me rethink about exactly WHERE i'm gonna put my Throne Chair....What is that blue tube like thing I see in another pic???

o

Janey- that blue thing is a piece of pvc someone gave me, I am going to give it a scratch coat of thinset and then mosaic it. Don't know about the top yet. Maybe grow a plant in it?
Here are pics of the great big column getting set in place today. I will backfill the dirt tomorrow morning so I can get back to my mosaic. I think this should hold. I did it like Slow told me to by using rebar bent into a "U" and then hammered thru the "feet" and into the ground, then we leveled it and poured concrete around it. After the concrete sets up the dirt will go back in the hole. I'm off to Wally World to look for black river rocks. I have looked everywhere else, even at 3 dollar stores and no such thing. So,if they don't have them I will use black lava rock. It won't be smooth like I wanted it, but it will be black. LOL I put 10-12" in the ground so it is not so tall now. Only a little over 6'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fridays progress

o

That sucker ain't goin' NOWHERE! Good show, FLAG.

o

wowzer, now that's my kind of column...I go away for awhile and look what I miss...am in Ont,Canada. Just had grandbaby girl yesterday...now I can play on gardenweb again!!! She is so cute!!

o

Congrats emtnest...I know you are soooo proud of her. Good to have you back.

o

Congraulations emtnest!!! Flag this is gonna be so cool!!!

o

You Go Flag!!! And what's goin' on Top???!!!
Congrats Emtnest!!!

o

Flag, looking great, that is going to be some column, whatcha going to put around it??

Question for you and Slow. I think you guys are using mortar right now, but i looked back in past forums and saw the original Riana method was using sand and cement mixed?? How come you have switched to thinset/mortar?? curious because I am playing with my first double mesh gazing ball stand, just using the hardware cloth i have around here, and planned on using sand and cement.. but wondering.

Thanks, I know that column will be awesome because you and I love all of the same colors, you make them, I drool over wanna bes..

o

Mer- Rianna's method does call for sand and cement and she uses that exclusively. In the class of hers I took she said mortar mix is the same thing. If you read on the pkg of Quikrete mortar mix it is cement mixed w sand. At our Lowes this is only 3.48 per 60# bag. So this saves us a lot of mixing. It's up to you what you use. I think Slow has changed to the mortar mix too. I'll let her add her 2 cents worth to this. I am going to do 2 more colums of different heights to go with this one, then I will dig out sod and make a sort of island put down landscape fabric and cover with black lava rock like for grills. Then I can add bowling balls or whatever to the ground part. Big plans for a gal who can't stand up but 30 min at a time. HUH! LOL I need my head examined for sure.
Bless Slow's heart, she hit the Dollar Tree for me yesterday and got me 20 bags of black rocks...I am set for life or at least a month with lots of shiny black river rocks....what a sweetheart she is!

o

If FLAG w/EVER come to the "Metropolis", she'd find all kinds of stuff. MER: On my GYPSIE Head Planter, I mixed the sand and Portland cement, but the mortar mix is so much easier, and just as effective. If I can't get the finish on this fountain nice enough, I'll try to find some silica sand and use the Portland cement to make a smoother finish. Anxious to see what you do on your stand.

o

thanks so much Flag, I can't wait to see how your new area will look. And yes, that was ssssssssoooo sweet of Slow to get you the black river walk. I'm with you on avoiding "metropolis" LOL.

If I can , I order online and go with free shipping rather than running all over.

Slow, i did wonder when you gals had switched, but I agree Thinset seems alot easier than trying to mix the sand and cement

Hope you both have a great weekend. For that matter, you will probably have both finished your project by Monday. LOL

o

Slow, you know I like this little town except when it comes to needing supplies. I do leave every now and then you have to admit. I just don't stay in the "Metropolis" long enough to find stuff. LOL I think you are probably right about not being able to drag me away from the column. I was just out there and it is still too hot to work on, later I hope it cools off a bit. In the meantime I will sort all my new black river rock and find the ones I want to use. Just like Christmas, so much to choose from.

o

you guys are amazing! and this project is mindboggling.

one word of caution, mortar mix can have quality control problems, I once spent a whole day mortaring stones around a waterfall only to come back the next day and find that it never set up... it was about 90% sand. ugh

I am also hunting for a silica or fine blasting sand supplier.

and uh... Damn you Janey Bo! LOL last week at the dump there was this chair and now I've brought it home with lunatic plans in my head

o

Lunatic Plans!!! YES!!! Do start a thread about it!!!

o

It is so looking good!!!!!
Slow I have been able to let the mot mix dry some and the come back in and spray with water and sand it with a srouring pad it might work .It has for me.

o

Thanks, NANA, but once I figured out it had to be reeeeeaaaal wet, it stuck just fine. NT - was your mortar Quickcrete brand? I've not had a problem, and I've been using it for several years. Y.E.S. Let's see a Lunatic thread SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

o

You guys are lucky to have a dump to visit. I know we have one but they won't let us in to look around.
I gave up on the thinset to adhere the tiles to the column and went back to my tried and true pre mixed thinset. It is working like a charm and faster too. It started raining on me a bit this am and ran me inside. I am going back out to see if I can get some other stuff done out there until it quits raining.

o

Slow, yep it was quickcrete brand from Lowes.

But we are discussing thinset failure at masgo right now and the issue of mixing has come up. Debra said that a mapei rep told SAMA that they produce their products with the thought that contractors are mixing the whole container/bag at a time but since we dip in and make one cup at a time - we may be getting iregular recipes. One thought is that the dry ingredients should be agitated and rolled around in a closed bucket.

looking forward to new pics Flag

o

Update- after two days of rain and rain off and on today I have made a little progress. Unsure of the next color, I think terracotta. This is slow going as I work an hour between thunderstorms and then have to cover everything and wheel my wagon load of tess, etc. back under cover. I am about to get this thing down to where I can sit down and work on it though. Thank goodness.

Here is a link that might be useful: Updated photos

o

Ooooooooo - looking really good, girlie. The sides look so smooth. How large are you tess pieces, and what is that black - looks like slate. I'm in withdrawals, but afraid to complain about the rain for fear we won't get anymore for a looooooong time, and I hate to water. Why do you have to wheel your tess in/out? Can't you just leave it on site?

o

The dark color is a dk grey slate,left over from someone's const job. Given to me so I hit it with a hammer and got littler pieces. Most of my pieces are 2"x2" or 1x3. I have to cut them to follow the curve of the sides. I have all my tess, thinset, nippers, chalk, rags etc. all on my big wagon. I tried leaving the tess out but it got all wet as the containers filled up w/water. I had to drain all of them and then dry the tess off for the thinset to stick.
I am glad I quit when I did and covered my work as the bottom fell out of the sky and it is pouring again. I guess I will go to the ceramics in the garage and work. Or take a nap. Can't decide. Maybe make more marbles for Slow.

o

Get a tarp and cover everything, FLAG, to save that energy. I want sooooo much to get back to mortaring, but the wonderful rain isn't so bad. Still raining here. Oh, goody - more marbles.

o

Watching with great interest! Also wondered what size pieces of tess you were working with. It helps to picture the size. So do you mix the mortar by the "bowl" or the "bucket"? Just back buttering or spreading mortar on the column?

o

Artglass, I have most of my tile pieces in 2x2" pieces and then cut them to fit. I will try to do a closeup for you guys to see. I was mixing mortar by the butter container but I gave that up and am using premixed right now. I am buttering each piece and then adhering it. I started out trying to squish the thinset between the tiles to save having to grout. That didn't last long as I can't get it to squish evenly. I guess I just don't have the touch for it so will grout anyway. They are predicting more storms for today so I am out of here and going to try to get some done on this thing before the rain. Thanks again to all of you for your encouragement.

o

Loving it!

o

Oh yea! Cookin with gas now!

o

Flag, again you all being many steps ahead is helping me from doing so much experimenting.

o

Glad to help! LOL I am learning as I go too. Thanks Y'all

o

No rain predicted today - I know you're outside working already and here I still sit. Pictures of your progress, please.

o

Ditto, even the sitting here part!

o

7/31/09 Here is my progress so far this am. I quit for lunch and a rest and will do more this afternoon. I am working the mirror on around and will put green in the space between the mirror and terracotta. I am still questioning what I am going to do on the back top. More later

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's progress so far

o

LOVIN' this. Looks great. You'll have that sucker ready to grout next week. Whatcha gonna put on top of the topper saucer? Re your pvc pipe, I'm thinking all you need to do is take your electric sander and rough it up in order to use thinset instead of GE II.

o

I'ts looking fantastic, what a statement . I love it.

I'll post the pix of my first try at making a post for my gazing ball later,. but i think i might have screwed up. I didn't take my pvc pipe out yet. Flag it looks like you took yours out right away. I've got one layer of concrete between the mesh...

o

Mer- Mine wasn't mad3e around pvc pipe. Check the beginning pictures and see that Slow formed this one round and then added a second layer. If you used a pvc pipe, why did you not just mosaic on the pvc? I wonder if you can get it out now? Better try before you cement the lath to it if you want to save it.

o

Looks like I am rained out another day. Blowing and raining hard...when it lets up I am going for my glass cutter and breaking pliers and get in the garage and cut up some more mirrors. I better get a bucket too as I have a lot to cut up.

o

Flag, yep even thought it is raining you should be able to cut lots of glass, can't wait to see the next step.

Can't wait to se what you do with all of those black rocks Slow brought you

o

Gosh I wish you you would send that rain hereto cent tex

o

You seem very creative. Great job!

o

Oh Flag it's looking good girl!!! Love the mirror!!! I'm using mirror in my current project and sure like it there too!!!! Keep those pics coming!!!!

o

Not a lot of progress today but I'll give it he** tomorrow. I am excited about finishing this baby.

Here is a link that might be useful: 8/2/09 Progress

o

Flag: More BEAUTIFUL everyday !!!!

o

Oh, my! Girlie, had I known you were going to use the rock so sparingly, I wouldn't have gotten you so many. I love how you used them here. You can finish today. Sure makes a difference when you have your tess all ready, huh? Betcha can hardly wait to grout this. Where's CALAM?

o

Not today Slow..perhaps finish tomorrow and the rocks are not used sparingly as of today. I even put some rocks at the top altho not the black ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: 8/3/09

o

Oh, I like it, I like it. Love the rocks. Betcha you'll finish this today and start grouting the top. Don't envy you there. No, wait - I'll bet you start the next one. Got designs drawn on it??? Sure is a wonderful piece for your garden, and I can just imagine the three of them together. See what time I'm up this morn? Been awake since 2:00, gave up at 3:00. Gonna be at Lowes when their doors open for mortar.

o

You aren't the only one up. I had to get up at 4:30 to take Janice and Jim to the truck. So, here I am drinking coffee and putering. I hope to finish this today. I guess I will use charcoal grout on all of it. I was going to try to use terracotta on the terracotta but doubt if I have that much patience.

o

Moving slow and working low today...trying to figure out what to do next to finish this monstrosity. I am thinking black/white checkerboard lower left. 2" squares. ???? I will try a little of it in am and see. Too hot out there right now. I like the inside cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: 08-04-09

o

GORGEOUS!!!! Lovin' the red. This puppy w/be finished tomorrow. As I said in my email - nail Juan's feet to the ground, teach him to grout so you can move on to the next fun column.

o

Good idea, I will do that..he needs to learn and I hate it.

o

OMG!!!! LOVIN IT Flag!!! Love the rocks!!!!! But U know mw I'm a rock hound so of course I would. And the solid red & w/the red & white @ top=== yasa!!!! Oh yeah blk grout for sure!!!!!!

o

Wow! It is looking so good.
My cousin has two 10ft colums made from PVC I think.
She glued a bunch of those fish that go in the pool to one and wants me to take the others.
I don't know if I have enough tessy!

o

Texasfern, Grab that column and run!!! The tessy will find you!!!heh heh! This is looking great Flag!!! I have a smaller version on the go, all I've poured is the globe so far, but have a tube to do to, it'll only be about 4ft high,...I'll be a mini you!!!!hee hee!!!

o

Fern- go to the builder's surplus store and ask for their broken and trashed tiles. That's where most of mine came from. The red were a bunch of sq and round plates Slow and I found on a trip to Dallas. The mirror I got out of the glass mans dumpster, and a bunch of tile from a contractor that were left over. It took me a week to break all of them but I still have some left for the next two columns. If you don't grab that, grab it for me. Maybe Slow and I can take a field trip and come that way.

o

I QUIT for the day. I have been rained out twice this am and just came in for a shower as the sauna out there is too much for me. I may go back out late this evening, but it will probably be in the am. Just a little bit more..

Here is a link that might be useful: 08-05-09 Progress

o

WOW!!! Looks fantastic!!! If only I could be the magic grout fairy!!!lol!I'd come to everyones place and grout for them!hahaha!

o

Yeah the mosaicing is done. Tomorrow or Saturday for grout and top. Don't like the saucer I have for the top but my sweet and wonderful friend Betty (Slow) has a larger one she will give me. That will be the topping on the cake, the grout according to Janeybo is the frosting. Sure wish she were here to ice this thing. Starting the next one tomorrow.

Here is a link that might be useful: 08-06-09 Finished with the mosaic

o

Congrats! I love your column. Have been wondering what your topper was going to be. Are you doing one or 2 more? A friend made 2 using field tile different heights and diameters with a third piece made from a table, more of a drum shape. Maybe I can get a pic.

o

Thanks Artglass, I would love to see a pic. I am going to use the saucer upside down and then a finial on top of it.The finial is metal and I am considering mosaicing most of it in mirror. I will post a pic of it later. Your friends columns sound neat. Want to see them.

o

FLAG: It's beautiful!!!! Love the rocks!!!! Looking forward to the other 2...!!

o

i love that column. you did an outstanding job,, and so fast..i dont know where you and slow get the energy. she must have slipped you some of her energizerbunnyjuice when you visited her

o

Thanks you all. Slow and I have the same metabolism as we both get up before daylight and have our coffee and then get outside before the sun gets too hot. By noon I am back inside or working in the studio. So I figure we give a project a good 5-6 hrs a day. I know a lot of you still work but when I did, I still got out early and spent a couple hours b4 work. I visited Slow today and got the bigger saucer for the top of this and will go out and place it on top and do a picture. I think this will be the perfect topper. I have a finial for it but am afraid it is too small proportion wise. I will set it up there and let you guys see and help me decide. My other choice is to crete a beachball and add a finial to it. I am thinking a lot of mirror on whatever finial.

o

Well Done!!! That beachball and finial sound good!!!

o

Here is a pic of the saucer Slow gave me and a metal finial I had. I am thinking of using this finial on top of the column but am concerned it is not chunky enough. I am also in a quandry as to mosaicing it and what colors to use. I have a couple of other options but would like your feedback on this one. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Column topper

o

I love the topper, and tho I haven't been here too long I have been watching this amazing tower rise up. The saucer looks in proportion as does the finial. If I squint my eyes and look at it....to me it seems as tho the "neck" of the finial makes it look too "delicate" for the whole rest of things. Would it be possible to eliminate some of the "neck" and see if that might change what you are seeing?? Just a thought. Each artist has their own way of seeing it. Love the project and what you have done with it.Keep us posted.

o
RE: Column

Maybe I could beef up the neck with some thinset prior to mosaicing it. Thanks, I keep thinking it is out of proportion but couldn't put my finger on what it was. I think you may be right. Too delicate.

o

I think I have to agree it might need to be a little bigger. Maybe U could use this one on one of the smaller columns. But I sure love your column it's beautiful!!!

o

Thx Cathy- I am waiting for Slow to chime in here. I have been out scouting my studio and my stash places in the garage and I may have come up with a combination that will be larger. I will have to combine a larger ceramic ball, a different finial and I still need to find something for a neck. I have even considered a large vase I have as a base for the ball. If I go the component way I will have to cement it all together and then cover it all in crete prior to mosaicing. Tomorrow I will dig further. I know I have a tupperware stand around here that went with a large relish tray that will work, now to find it...ugh. I will take some more pics tomorrow of the various choices. Thanks

o

That thing is awesome! What beautiful work.

Gosh, wonder what you'll name it.

o

I have to agree with enlarging the topper.
As is it looks good, but we all know what we want.
You will find just the perfect "icing" for this beauty.

o

Here's some options, now I don't know. I would coat whatever with thinset and then mosaic. Of course put together w gorilla glue first.

Here is a link that might be useful: Topper Options

o

Oh YES! That is great, where did you find the beautiful finial? I just bought two huge tubs of stuff and still don't have enough. I think I have the "bug"...lol. I now have the "mantra".....if some is good, MORE is better!! This new combination seems to marry the pieces together with balance and weight. My eye only. :)

o

FLAG: I like it!!! It looks much more size appropriate. It's gonna be great!!!! Just hurry we're all anxious to see it topped!!!! LOL!!! Just kidding your rolling along like a freight train as it is!!!

o

Here is the topper all glued together and one coat of thinset slurry. Mosaicing will begin tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Topper beginnings

o

HOly cow Flag.... you don't waste any time!!! I was just gonna suggest a penny ball or mosaic bowling ball and you've already got it together....you are amazing...

o

emtnest maybe on the smaller column #2 that I am working on. On top of it I think only a ball..then the third one of pvc will have an urn on it.

o

Love it, FLAG - Didja use a paint brush to apply the slurry?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here