Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snake made on mesh to install later

Posted by flagtruck (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 13:12

This is the best use of mesh I have seen. This gal used it for almost every thing she has done. Maybe it will give some of you ideas and let you see mesh in action.

Here is a link that might be useful: mesh tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snake made on mesh to install later

Flag, thanks for sharing that. What a fun project and a good learning tool for us.

I use mesh most of the time due to my schedule. It allows me to work on a project when I only have snippets of time available (20 to 30 minutes). All those snippets add up!

o

How wide is the mesh ya'll are using? I have some that's for drywall work and have used it on a Christmas ornament for re-inforcement before applying thinset, but it's only about 2" wide and I have a concern for larger projects about the extra thickness where it overlaps.

Pat

o

Most of mine is 12" x 12", I have one piece 4' x 4'

o

I bought a roll of mesh on-line two years ago (38" wide by 65' long). I guess it will last for a while! Actually, I bought it to create a mosaic design for (2) 12' bar counter tops. I'm hoping to start that project in the fall and work on it all winter.

o

Love watching this. I bought mesh too, and have never used it.

o

Flag, oh my.. did you see her PEACOCK!!!!! It's fantastic!! Wow.. I would love to do one of those. going back to look again. thanks for posting her link

o

I, too have mesh I have not used and have been thinking about doing a gecko. This is a great tutorial.
Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here