Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on Vase WIP

Posted by scootsmom (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 12:44

I am working on this vase, not even through with the tiling part. I just cannot decide wether I should use white grout or try my hand at coloring grout. I have the plain white and I also have alot of acrylic colors. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for your help
Allyson

[IMG]Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on Vase WIP

I'm not a lover of white grouts, except in rare instances. IMO, a gray w/be nice on this LOVELY vase. It's gonna be beautiful!!!

o

Very pretty! I wouldn't use white...grey would look good, but since you have lots of colors you could grout it white and then play with the colors doing washes.

o

I think I would use a charcoal or dk gray. You want your colors to pop not fade away.

o

White or pale gray, heck anything would look nice!!! So simple and elegant!

o

Thank ya'll so much!! I have finished the design, and hopefully today I will get to grout it. I am gonna do it in gray and I will show it to ya'll as soon as it's done.

Thanks again so much,
Allyson

o

Can't wait to see it finished.

o

Is it finished yet? It's beautiful.

Be Safe, Rach

o

WOW. that is beautiful.. these gals have got me addicted to charcoal or gray or whatever you are comfortable with can't wait to see if finished

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here