Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 of my gog wips

Posted by addiesue (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 24, 09 at 12:38

Hi all,

Wanted to share two of my GOG WIPs with you. Both are at the cleaning stage just before grouting. I hope to have them done by the end of this next week. One is a pantry door. I'm doing grape clusters down the middle. The second is one I'm helping my neice with...it's her first GOG and I'm pretty sure she's got the bug now!...lol. It's on a door that goes to a lit cabinet. My neice has been out of town all week attending a conference but I keep getting texts from her that say all she can think about is getting back home to work on her glass....sounds like she's becoming a glass addict to me...how 'bout you guys?...lol

Here's my link...
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/Addiesue1966/?action=viewt=26f37564.pbw

Addisue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
2 of my gog wips

I'm not sure the link I listed worked so try this one.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: My WIP Slideshow

o
RE: 2 of my gog wips

OHMYGOODNESS, ADDIE: Those are just spectacular. I especially love the amber background glass shapes - leaf-like. The grapes are wonderful - are they half marbles? Your grape leaves are so real looking. The Angel - oh my! Your work is sooooooooo PERFECT. I took another peek at the birdhouse. I love the whole thing, but what catches my eye also is the happy little attitude the petaled flowers in front have. It's such a delightful scene. Yeah, isn't it great to introduce another one to glass and mosaics and have them catch it? Good for you. I soooooo love your projects.

o

Addie your door is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOW!!! I just recenlty got my sister into the art and she too is having a ball with it!!!!

o

Addiesue! WOW, what wonderful work you do, your door is simply to die for!!! So is everything else as well. Have you been doing mosaic for long? I'm wondering how long it will take me to be this good. BRAVO!

o

Thanks everyone...Slowmedown, I think those things are called globs...seriously...lol...that's what the girl at the glass store called them. They look like half marbles but they are already cut. I just posted another post of a slideshow I put together of my finished gogs to include one I just finished. Charmo, I've been playing around with glass now for 2 years but have only done approx. 7 projects. I've found the bigger the canvas the easier it is for me.

Thanks again for all of the compliments and for those of you who are always sharing with the rest of us. I LOVE to see the pics!

Addiesue

o

MORE great projects...Very Inspiring!!!! The grape panel is wonderful, love the colors and the different glass globs for the grapes!!! Angel is wonderful!!!

o

Your GOG's are just beautiful. I love your colors you used.

o

Yes that is great !! I love the bird house pic also .Great work .I love them.

o

Is that irridescent grey on the Angel rock? Had to come back and drool some more!!!

o

Drooling here as well.
Wonderful work sweetie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here