Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP Vase with handle

Posted by gcpommom (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 08 at 12:24

It has been slow going on this project. Not a good choice for my second project, the pieces are tiny, hard to fit. I am worried that I am not doing it right, the spacing is hard to get right. I keep running out of the purple, and having to order more, and wait for it to come.

I am thinking of grouting with a dark gray. Still not sure what I will do with the handle and rim.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP Vase with handle

WOW that is lovely!! Just love those dragonfly's . IF this is your second piece, all I can say is look out!!!

You're doing great. Can't wait to see it come together.

o

You could always paint the handle. Looks great so far.

o

I saw a two handled urn on another forum where the lady wrapped the two handles with beads and did not grout. You could use beads or rope. If you use rope, seal it and then do Rub n' Buff on it and make it look metallic. Beautiful job. Very nice.

o

Oh, I remember this jug. Lookin' beautiful. It'll be wonderful - love the color combo.

o

Looking good!! The little dragonflies are precious!
Oooo, I like that rope wrap idea....

o

Ha! I wrote you a note today saying how wonderful I think this piece is, and it's not here! Keep working, be patient...it's WORTH it...just beautiful!

o

Thanks, all, for the kind words!

I am learning a lot on this one. My other project was a table top, and working on a curved surface has been interesting and tedious. I wish I had more free time to devote to finishing it, but I will be patient!

I guess I am saving the handle for last, maybe by then I will have an idea of how to deal with it. Your ideas are very helpful, thank you.

I don't get much time to post here, but wanted to say that everyone here is so talented, and the pieces you all create are amazing.

o

I love those colors and your cutting skills are great!
Keep it up, this will be a beauty.
I have no ideas for the handles. Maybe it will come to you in your sleep, that's when I get my best ideas! LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here