Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Bright lights Big City ... or Rubicks cube? wip

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

The garden club built this planter in one of our big beds out of left over 2 foot lengths of granite curbing that the city gave us. (My dh and another guy spent 3 hours setting them in - what is underground is equal to what is above. They shouldn't heave in the frost!) You can see that to maximize planting space we matched up the inside corners which left spaces on the corners and in the middle of each run.

My friend Susan and I try to mosaic every Tuesday morning together. She and I have mosaicked tall square "bricks" to fill in the corners and the mid points. We chose a square motif to be similar to the logo of the agency that asked us to plant a new bed in honor of their 40th anniversary. (used vitreous glass tiles and thinset, then thinset colored charcoal for grout) We are going to cap each one with a square granite tile once installed. (the unmosaicked part will be underground)

Once they were finished I realized they looked like skycrapers OR rubicks cubes. I'll post anther pic after I convince dh to install them.

What think?

Kathy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES