Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mosaic pot

Posted by trancegemini_wa (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 11:30

hi, I recently started mosaics and also found this forum. I just wanted to share one of my first projects with you all.

Im sure I'll learn a lot here and am already enjoying the photos of other people's projects

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mosaic pot

Very nice!!

I'm telling on myself,but it reminds me of those old speckled floors that used to be popular ( back in the stone age)

Or maybe confetti...very pretty and a great first project!!

o
mosaic pot

your pot looks really great for a first project, very neat, and that table that it is setting on would be great for a mosaic project :-)
i still have those floors!! just joshing :-)
bonnie

o

Very pretty! It's got such a happy, party feel to it!
Great job....thanks for joining in and sharing this!

o

thanks so much!

shrty I know the flooring you mean, it actually made a come back here in oz about 5 years ago! LOL, I guess everything comes back in fashion eventually :)

louisianna, funny you should mention that table, I picked that up at a recycling centre and just painted it white, but it definitely needs *something* LOL, it might end up being a mosaic project one day!

thanks cindi, it is pretty bright and festive and it does feel good to have it finished. I'm still learning the basics but the more Ive looked through pages here at all the photos, the more I want to learn and try!

o

Hey, TRANCE! Glad you've joined us. That's a Darlin' pot - so ssswwwweeeet - very good job of mosaicing. That table would be a terrific subject to mosaic. You could just mosaic the top, and paint the legs in rounds of different colors, or just one wild color. What's next???

o

Welcome Trance,I LOVE your first pot. Very good work. those cuts and grout work makes me think you're going to be a great mosaicer.

have fun and show pix

o

hi slowmedown and thanks :) my next project is a round mirror Ive just started on and that one Im just going around with the little square glass tiles so nothing too outrageous yet, but I like how it's coming together.

hi mermaid and thanks for the welcome, I've been looking at the turtle you're working on and wow, that is going to look so amazing!

o

WELCOME HERE TRANCEGEMINI!!!! This pot is so perfectly done, sheesh, I am so much sloppier!!! We like WIP Pics...(that's work in progress pics!) A round mirror! What diameter? Lets see these green tiles girlie!!! Jane

o

Trance, your pot is so pretty. I was thinking the same as cindilou, it is so happy looking. Great job!!!

Allyson

o

thanks scootsmom, and thanks for the comments. wow everyone is so encouraging!

calamity, no I can't believe youre sloppy, no way! The mirror is about 35cm across including the surround so lets see that would be about 14" according to my tape measure. but...but... how did you know the tiles where green?? I can't see where I said that so Im thinking you must have some kind of mosaic telepathy!! because they are green!

o

Great job on your first pot.Great colors too!

o

Welcome To The Group

What a great first project! I love it too! You have a good eye for color and placement I think. You're going to have SUCH a good time with mosaicing! WELCOME!

o

Very prettY!

o

Nice work. Spacing, grout work, colors. You have all the syptoms of being addicted to this craft!
We do like lots of WIP pictures!
Green tiles? I love green.

o

oh I introduced myself and then disappeared, thanks crackpotannie, daisyme, stjohn and texasfern! Im still working on this pot because it fits perfectly in a pot holder I bought but there was no "lip" to hold it so Im doing the top as well now. Im so glad to see all the new posts of projects going on! lots to catch up on!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here